At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
Go just about anywhere, and you’ll find us. We’re on every continent, infused in the daily lives of billions. At PepsiCo, you’ll be at the center of excitement, shaping global trends like nowhere else. This is where business connects with culture. We work with artists, musicians, entertainers and influencers to create the future of consumer experiences. Let’s work together and make ideas that ripple in every corner of the world.
Our culture offers an environment where you can bring your whole self to work, voice your opinions fearlessly and feel supported in the process. We celebrate diversity, reward entrepreneurial spirit and give you the freedom to help shape the future. And we stand for what’s right. Always.
Bring your courage, confidence and can-do attitude. We seek innovative doers and thinkers with a global mindset who are ready to become leaders of the future. Explore exciting opportunities across PepsiCo, and see what can happen when your talents meet our global stage.
This role will provide technical and Quality & Food Safety leadership for Foods business and help delivering AMESA sector QC vision
“Drive Quality and Food safety Excellence to delight our consumers and customers.”
Responsible to ensure food safety plans and policies in the business unit are in alignment with PI and PepsiCo policies and strategies.
- Develop and execute food safety strategies and plans in alignment with the Business Unit Strat Plan and in alignment with the PepsiCo Food Safety Policies.
- Ensure food safety requirements are fully understood throughout the BU manufacturing sites and provide training of all pertinent PI requirements and best practices around food safety.
- Provide SME support to the business unit to maintain safe processes and products within the current portfolio and with future innovation.
- Develop and execute food safety strategies and plans in alignment with the India business unit Strat Plan and in alignment with the PepsiCo Food Safety Policies.
- Ensure food safety requirements are fully understood throughout the BU and manufacturing sites.
- Provide training of all pertinent PI requirements and best practices around food safety,
- Assist in troubleshooting and SME support efforts for products and processes.
- Ensure HACCP Plans are in place and effective in the site.
- Ensure allergen management programs are in place where needed and is assessed.
- Ensure traceability of ingredients, materials and finished product is effective and the tracking can be accomplished in a timely manner.
- Ensure the business unit is capable to meet food safety requirements in terms of people, infrastructure, and process/building designs.
- Assist in resolving any capability issues in a timely fashion
- Continually assess this capability in light of new product/process/package innovation initiatives.
- Continually assess and identify systematic issues found in Food Safety audits and ensure improvement actions are developed in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate water and ingredient tests are conducted and results meet the specified requirements for food safety; take immediate corrective actions where deviations occur.
- Ensure appropriate finished product tests are conducted and results meet the specified requirements for food safety as directed by Support Center and/or government regulations.
- Ensure appropriate information is provided to enable an accurate measurement of food safety for BU within the 3D Quality program.
- Compliance to FSSAI requirements and nominee for FSSAI for Plant and WH/ CFA.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a strong understanding of Foods manufacturing
- Functional Experience: Approx. 5 – 7 years of experience and proven track record managing food safety within food manufacturing operations
- At least 10-12 years of Supply Chain experience in a FMCG industry (preferably food industry)
- Lead auditor certification in food safety management systems (ISO 22K, FSSC 22K) would be preferred
Differentiating Competencies Required
- Sound knowledge for foods manufacturing process and quality management
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with teams
- Ability to manage multiple stake holders (internal and external) and multitasking
- Ability to lead team of professionals and operators
- Ability to work effectively and manage risk in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage conflict, using data and influencing skills to drive decisions