PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
In 2009, PepsiCo India achieved a significant milestone, by becoming the first business to achieve ‘Positive Water Balance’ in the beverage world, and has been Water Positive since then. In 2015, PepsiCo India saved 12.75 billion litres more that it consumed in its manufacturing operations. The company made this possible through innovative irrigation practices like direct seeding, community water recharging initiatives, and by reducing the consumption of water in its manufacturing facilities. PepsiCo is lauded for its efforts for water conservation and has received numerous awards such as CII National award for water management and Water Digest award for water practices amongst others.
Care for the environment:
PepsiCo India is focused on reducing its carbon footprint. In 2015, PepsiCo’s India’s Food and Beverage manufacturing operations’ dependence on non-renewable energy has reduced by 74% and 62% respectively from a baseline of 2006. This reduction has been on two counts – improved operating efficiency and technology intervention of plants and migration to renewable sources of energy such as bio mass fuels (rice husk boilers) and wind turbines.
Location – Hyderabad, India
Category – Research and Development
- Learn, understand, and uphold Ingredient, Supplier, Third Party, Formula, and/or Beverage/Food Packaging Standards
- Map key attributes from standards to data attributes in SAP to digitize specifications in SAP
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop or update existing ingredient and/or packaging specifications that are clear, concise, and accurate from spec readiness to supplier commercial qualification approval
- Maintain and foster relationships with in-market R&D spec teams, other spec GBS teams, and external suppliers
- Interact with and provide support to all disciplines to ensure complete and accurate specification. These stakeholders could include some or all of the following: Product Development (PD), Food Safety (FS), Regulatory Affairs (RA), Quality Assurance (QA), Procurement, Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Maintain and update existing specs to ensure compliance with standards
- Timely and accurate reporting leveraging internally developed data metric processes
- Upload all paperwork (re. Supplier Specs) and materials qualifications into the appropriate system (Product Vision / SAP) and track workflow
- For Packaging Specifications only: schedule and conduct Individual Component Specification (ICS) reviews, update documents, and manage supplier approval prior to internal review
- Ensure all requests are processed, documented, and delivered within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Respond and escalate emerging business critical issues to avoid material supply shortages, outages and production delays
- Identify potential areas for process improvements to make recommendations to R&D GBS Leadership for continuous improvement
- Ability to interpret technical information, escalate issues and seek alignment towards workable solutions
- Exceptional data organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to rapidly learn computer applications/programs & navigate systems e.g. SAP S4 Hana & Product Vision
- For Formula and Ingredient Specifications: basic understanding of Food Safety, Microbiology and Regulatory Affairs
- Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones; Ability to build relationships and work closely with both internal and external partners
- Good communication skills – oral and written (e.g. communication on telephone, external and internal to PepsiCo, managing with other support group functions, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage time effectively across multiple priorities and projects requiring a high degree of organizational and communication skills to ensure requests are delivered in a timely manner
- Self-motivated & demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience required.
- For Packaging-specific roles: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Packaging-related field or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Ability to collaborate and manage timebound delivery of work assignments
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular