Every day we’re invited into people’s moments of goodness. A little Kiss left in a lunch box. A Reese’s cup after the big game. Sharing SkinnyPop popcorn and a movie. It’s a pretty special place to be.
Rooted in our Values
Our founder, Milton Hershey, had a vision to make chocolate accessible to everyone. His dedication to creating a better world continues to inspire our mission statement or as we call it, our purpose, of making more moments of goodness.
Our brands and values create a unique place in people’s hearts and minds, differentiates our business and inspires our future growth.
We are inspired by our long-standing values of togetherness, integrity, making a difference and excellence. These values make our company a special place to work and can be seen in the daily actions of each of our employees around the world.
Caring for our people and communities, taking care of the planet, helping children succeed and making the best quality, affordable snacks for people everywhere to enjoy have driven us for more than 125 years and will continue to do so.
The Assistant Manager QA is responsible to maintain all activities related to day to day operations of the 3P production set up in the Surendranagar / Makson plant.
The role monitors QA parameters, shift activities managing, facing audits, maintaining documentation related to Quality Management Systems, monitoring and verification of process parameters and product specification, raw material and packaging material acceptance, finish goods release, food safety implementation, training the food handlers on GMP and monthly KPI reporting at third party operation. Trials and implementations.
Major duties & Key responsibilities:
Process Quality Control – 40%
- Own online QA checks monitoring, RM / PM analysis, FG analysis and release, tracking micro analysis results with external labs, conducting internal audits.
- Verify FSSAI & FSSC compliance, facing external audits, closing audit Non Conformances and submission of NC’s Closure reports, implementing CAPA, Monthly KPI reporting.
- Review general shift, check for deviations along established conformances for production. Drive Food safety and sanitation programs at site.
- Understand production issues and mitigate critical issues escalated; Guide team to resolve day to day to operational issues and own the SAP release and data reporting of Hershey India production.
Supplier Quality Management and Innovations – 30%
- Conduct onsite supplier audits as per plan or as required for an on boarded supplier and as and when a new supplier is added.
- Own supplier quality management process for own and 3P production including quality test reports on all raw material and packaging material.
- Conduct new product. Packaging development trials at site and share quality report with stakeholders.
Routine Audits – 30%
- Conduct weekly and monthly audits like PHC, GMP, etc.
- Oversee execution of all internal audits for the Makson plant, including audits for global and internal systems
- Track and review all system related audit documentation: FFSC, QMS new standards, any SOPs, process change IQ/PQ/OQ and be cognizant of risks and hazards related to quality
Training and development-10%
- Identify training needs for the co-manufacturing unit based on product and quality requirements; Provide directions to the team for capability building
- Oversee internal training sessions to be conducted as per agreed timelines
- Plan trainings for the team to explain quality parameters and guidelines on a regular basis; Measure training effectiveness on a regular basis
- Constantly track the market to understand best practices in the areas of quality assurance and quality testing
- Periodically review own areas of operations to seek opportunities to bring in best practices and reduce consumer complaints.
- Present opportunities and benefits of incorporating newer methods to the supervisor
- Assign approved initiatives to team and track progress; Actively participate in pilots and communicating initiative to other departments; Guide team as required
Personal Capability Development- 10%
- Responsible and committed for the training and development plan for self
- Be the ‘owner’ for continuous growth under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Head
Personnel supervised – 8 QC Chemist (Third party employee)
- FSSAI & FSSC compliance
- Audit non-compliance
- Global quality food safety audit
- Super six audit compliance
- Reduction in customer complaints
- 100% right, first time” projects delivered
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of technology fundamentals
- Deep understanding of food safety and Quality
- Understanding of FMCG Business and Financial Understanding
- Experience in Project Quality Assurance, Process Quality, Supplier Technical Assurance Quality management system and regulatory compliance
- Plant with co-manufacturing handling experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and rich experience in Project handling.
- Should be conversant with latest best practices on quality management.
- Excellent communication skill, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with various functions across the organization.
- Exposure in handling global clients with strong leadership skills for managing the internal teams.
- Demonstrated change management abilities, including conflict resolution skills.
Location: Surendranagar, Gujarat, India
Education: B. Tech. (Food Technology), M.Sc. Food Technology
Experience: 5-7 Years
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- FOSTAC Training
- Summer Internship
- 2 months internship
- 7 certificate with hard copies
- 5 Interesting projects
- Limited seats
- Join now
- SFM training