Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated $86 billion in net revenue in 2022, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Our mission to create more smiles with every sip and every bite can only be truly realized in a world where equal opportunity, equity and inclusion are championed. We have set ambitious goals to increase diversity within our leadership, and we’ve also pledged to achieve gender parity in management roles by 2025.
We’re accelerating our digital transformation and investing in talent development in a big way. For example, we’re establishing a network of Digital Hubs around the world. These centralized locations will help us strengthen our digital capabilities, attract top tech talent and drive innovation. If you’re ready to disrupt the CPG industry and make your mark, we’ve got the reach and resources to make it happen.
Flexible work environments boost engagement, work-life balance and all-around well-being. Work that Works is a new program for PepsiCo corporate associates that empowers associates and their managers to choose where and how work gets done. Because when associates are supported, they achieve even greater success.
pep+ aims to inspire positive change for the planet and its people. We’re looking at our business end to end and setting sustainability goals that include addressing water scarcity, sourcing crops and ingredients that are better for the earth, and strengthening the global workforce, including our own, by providing meaningful jobs and opportunities while working to advance human rights and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Main Purpose: –
- Vertical startup & stabilization of the green field operation.
- Stabilization of shift quality operations in new green field plant
- Ensuring sustenance and enhancement of quality systems & support food safety systems in plant.
- Ensuring delivery of consistent quality & safe product as per PepsiCo standards
- SOX responsibility for i2C process / control owners
- Support quality assurance manager to ensure compliance for all statutory requirements wrt. FSSAI and Weighs n Measures act.
- Analysis of consumer complain / Take action according/ Sharing report to QCM
- QCs (Operatives) training and develop / Monitoring / IR/ performance appraisal
- Implement PeQMS.
- Monitoring of WUR.
- Coordination with Agro for potato quality.
- Vertical startup of green field plant with right quality product & building a quality culture in the plant.
- Supporting the supply chain, sales function in delivering the right quality product in right time.
- Achieve AOP volume & AVC by ensuring no disruption due to Quality &/or food safety issues or ingredients under QA approval.
- Conduct weekly quality review meeting with Site leadership team and drive the closure of agreed action points
- Coordinate with Quality Executives and Shift in-Charges for daily quality issues, planning and implementing best practices/systems in the plant
- Ensure monthly process audits for manufacturing lines and closure of actions for improvement in product quality
- Support Agro manager in Potato management process thru daily analysis of potato availability as per specs & potato planning for production and monthly audits of potato 3P to ensure storage & testing as per PepsiCo standards
- Lead/Support task forces for quality improvements along with cross functional teams
- Support Food Safety coordinator to close gaps observed in internal food safety audit in process & packaging areas.
- Drive implementation of FLI QA programs thru identification of gaps & ensuring actions in place with FPRs
- Support Q.A manager in driving HH pillar activities as per plan.
- Reinforcement of best practices in Process/Packaging sections to ensure meeting targets on Leakages & Shortages
- Support R&D team in timely launch of NPD’s / other initiatives
- Ensure Quarterly Process capability checks for all lines and improvement in the same
- Facilitate monthly distributor visit of plant team for appreciation of quality issues at market place
- Partner HR in imparting training to plant population on food safety, safety, personal hygiene, product & packaging quality as per training calendar
- Management Information system – Compilation and tracking of key quality performance indicators on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Communicate the concept of “cost of quality” and importance of quality standards to employees in a structured manner.
- Ensure quarterly youden analysis wrt analytical skills for QA team & operatives and conducting retraining, wherever necessary
Job Dimensions – what is the scope of the role – volume, net revenue, budget, geography, number of customers, number of sites etc for THIS role?
- Volume (AOP volume) & AVC
- Quality – wall in green, leakage, zero RED alert complaint
- 3P & CFA audits
- Market visit
- Total Manpower: Operatives & contractual
- AIB audit
- Packaging machines
Additional information / Complexity
- Complexity of vertically starting up & maintaining of new green field plants with two biggest PC lines along with new pool of manpower.
- Interacting with cross functional team covering HR, Production, Agro, Maintenance, Commercial at different intervals basis function requirement at plant level
- Interacting with Purchase, CQA, R&D at corporate level
- Interacting with Incoming material vendors.
- Managing team of operatives and Contractual
- ER management and Engagement of operatives
Key Skills /Experience required
- E / B.Tech. – Food Technology, 4-6 yrs. of Exp.
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance dept. in food manufacturing units.
- Experience of preparing and implementing FSSAI/AIB/ HACCP in food processing facility.