PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
Make an Impact at PepsiCo
Working at PepsiCo is more than a job, it’s an opportunity to build a meaningful career. It means a chance to help shape the future of some of the world’s best-known brands. To grow personally and professionally. To be part of a progressive company that’s transforming into a global digital leader. And with every project, brand and initiative that you are part of, you’ll be doing good for the planet and for our communities.
Location – Pune, India
Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role? (Max 2-3 lines summarizing the role)
- Deployment of workmen on respective work stations as per plan
- Ensuring compliance to shift production targets as per FLI quality and hygiene standards (AVC, NE, Small compliance etc.)
- Ensuring minimal wastage, optimum manpower utilization, and optimal usage of consumables & operating at maximum efficiencies (Efficiencies, DL, and Productivity etc.)
- Ensuring accurate and timely record keeping and data entry (shift log books, CCP records, Why-Why analysis & safety & statutory records)
- Ensuring line discipline during production – OT, Absenteeism, self relieving etc.
- Enabling the implementation of a quality, hygiene, safety & TPM culture that promotes company growth
- Batch closing and stock verification in Day store. (KCs)
- Data analysis & troubleshooting
- Machine up-keeping
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the JOB HOLDER.
- Ensuring support to manufacturing manager in meeting the production targets with optimum efficiencies
- Co-ordinating with manager in deciding the optimum combination of machines, operating lines and SKU combinations for the shift based on the capacities and dispatch priorities – Informing the packaging leader of the plan
- Ensuring minimal waste + rejects and maximum capacity utilization in shift
- Ensuring smooth and efficient running of all lines and minimum downtime
- Ensuring SOPs are followed by operators
- Co-operating with dispatch to provide right combination of products, in time for dispatch as per plan
- Ensuring all quality related parameters are met during production
- Ensuring timely information to Agro in case of potato related quality problems and Quality Dept. in case of any other quality related problems
- Physically issuing and returning goods from stores on a daily/ shift wise basis as per production plan
- Ensuring shop-floor hygiene, food safety, product quality, packaging quality, TPM circles, Safety at the top during operation all the times.
- Preparing the weekly/monthly manpower plan for the permanent workers based on the production plan – preparing the shift roster and displaying it on the notice board
- Preparing the manpower plan for contract workers on a daily basis
- Redeploying people based on competencies or gaps identified at a particular workstation so as to build the capability of people and line
- Ensuring timely, accurate updating and maintenance of information related to department performance
- Ensuring disruption free operation by addressing shop-floor dispute of workers and don’t let such arguments to crop up as IR issues/unionized issues.
- Shop-floor communications on various targets, opportunities area, market feedback, months targets, score cards etc.
- Contributing towards small continuous improvements in plant through SGAs
- Ensure adherence to core PepsiCo processes like KPI setting, Mid-Year Review & PDR.
- Implementation of change initiatives and supporting continuous improvement in department
- Motivating and coaching team members towards developing a high performing and skilled production team
- Maintaining discipline at shop floor and handle grievances at their own level before they become a common cause
- Working with HR on imparting training to multi skill the operatives and periodic changed contractual manpower on basics requirements of the shop-floor
- Supporting the production manger in ensuring training plan compliance of employees
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job. Please note that this is not necessarily the incumbent’s personal background.
- Education: B.E, B. Tech/M.Sc. (Food Technology)
- Functional Experience: Approx 5-7 years of experience
- Language: English, vernacular language, Hindi
Main interactions within & outside organization / External & Internal Environmental Factors – Key job roles both internally and externally that the job-holder interacts with on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. What is the nature of the interaction? What are the complexities of the environment in which this position exists?
- Internally – All reportees, Quality Manager, Manufacturing Manager, HR Manager, Plant Head, RM Stores Incharge, Plant Supply Chain Manager, Safety Manager, TPM manager, Agro manager
- Externally – vendors, MOS, RETs, central engineering team
- Experience in a FMCG industry (preferably food industry)
- Experience of leading a large team comprising of operators and contract workers
- Exposure to other companies’ manufacturing systems and shop floor culture
- Commercial/ financial dexterity
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)