The National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) creation is rooted in the conviction that our nation’s socio-economic progress lies largely on the development of rural India.
The Dairy Board was created to promote, finance and support producer-owned and controlled organisations. NDDB’s programmes and activities seek to strengthen farmer owned institutions and support national policies that are favourable to the growth of such institutions. Fundamental to NDDB’s efforts are cooperative strategies and principles.
NDDB’s efforts transformed India’s rural economy by making dairying a viable and profitable economic activity for millions of milk producers while addressing the country’s need for self-sufficiency in milk production.
NDDB has been reaching out to dairy farmers by implementing other income generating innovative activities and offering them sustainable livelihood.
NDDB offers excellent work environment with considerable freedom for creative and innovative activities and a high level of transparency that provides, professional satisfaction of the highest order, of doing something for a larger cause to ensure and enhance the economic status of millions of our rural population. The work entrusted to the employees challenge their managerial capabilities, and skills and provide an opportunity to exhibit commitment and dedication and to be creative and proactive to achieve the objectives laid down for a noble mission. Besides this, NDDB provides great learning opportunities to each employee to work in teams of individuals who are highly qualified, competent and committed to the organizational objectives. Apart from this the culture provides employees with opportunities NDDB sponsors training & development programmes within and outside the country. In effect NDDB’s organizational culture is excellence driven for a noble cause, which no amount of monetary rewards can probably compensate.
NDDB operates in an environment of synchronization of professional objectives of employees with organizational objectives, mutual trust, transparency, openness, fairness, equitability and objectivity. Moreover, as it is a service organization and profit is not its purpose of existence the management and work ethics are of highest possible level. NDDB pursuits to permeate this culture to the entire dairy cooperative sector resulting in synergy and fruitful associations.
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) is a statutory body corporate and an institution of national importance. The Board promotes, plans and organizes programmes for development of dairy and other agriculture and allied industries and biologicals. NDDB offers an environment that is professional and conducive for creativity and innovation.
NDDB offers excellent work environment with considerable freedom for innovative activities and also provides great learning opportunities to work in teams of individuals who are highly qualified, competent and committed to the organisational objectives.
Profile Summary –
Analysis of various food products (milk products, honey, water, fats and oils etc.) and feed for proximate, wet chemical, heavy metals, minerals and residue (pesticides, antibiotics and mycotoxin).
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in testing of food and feed samples.
- Instrument operation and Sample collection.
- Preparation of SOPs /WI and Analytical Procedures.
- The candidate would be required to work in shift duties.
- Assist in time bound project / validation / verification/ research / survey of literature / proficiency testing / stability studies.
- Intermediate checks of equipment, reagents and reference materials, calibration and ordering of chemicals.
- Ensuring the proper storage of test materials at appropriate storage condition to maintain integrity during and after analysis.
- Usage & proper storage of Certified reference material (CRM), Standard reference material (SRM) and chemicals.
- Assisting in purchase under ARC / urgent purchase.
- To undertake quality assurance/quality control (QC) activities in analytical work to ensure the accuracy of the analysis.
- Estimate measurement of uncertainty of respective test parameters.
- Maintain technical records including vetting of analytical data. Ensuring calculations & data transfer in a systematic manner.
- Assistance in enhancing scope of accreditation.
- Documentation work of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for technical operations.
- Ensure compliance with laboratory safety requirements and good housekeeping.
- Working as per timelines and handling work pressure
- Any other task assigned by Group Head/Reporting Officer.
Qualification & Experience –
Qualification & Experience: Post Graduate in any branch of Chemistry; / Food Science / Technology; Dairy Technology; / MVSc Animal Nutrition Or Post Graduate in any field of science with experience of proximate/ wet chemical/ heavy metals/ minerals/ residue (pesticides, antibiotics and mycotoxin) testing of food and feed for about 6 -12 months Or B.Tech. in Food Science/ Technology; / Dairy Technology
kills/ Attributes: Technical
- Understanding of regulation, basic food / feed and composition.
- Theory and principle of instrumentation techniques.
- Good command on MS Office (Specifically excel and word)
- Effective two-way communication skills and good writing skills.
- Ability to learn through readings and literature
Skills/ Attributes: Managerial
- Planning, coordination, result oriented, hardworking, customer focus
- Able to work amicably in team and efficiently carrying out the task timely as assigned by supervisor
- Should follow rules of organization, ethical practices and safety norms
- Able to handle time line and work pressure.
This traineeship position is for a period of one year and further extendable for one more year.
No. of Positions: 11
Candidates above 27 years of age as on 01 July 2022 need not apply.
Last date of receiving updated online application is 28 July 2022.