Licious is seeking a Snr. Manager-Application & Development for the Plant Based Meat business unit UNCRAVE. In this role, you will be focused on developing and establishing an extensive plant-based meat portfolio under the brand UNCRAVE.
Based out of the Licious HQ in Bengaluru, you will have the unique opportunity to work with Plant Based Food Industry leaders within the business unit to ensure, shape and influence the plant-based food strategies and plans. This role offers a high level of cross-functional exposure and opportunity to work across the organization.
In addition, you will accelerate the team’s external focus and perspective in pursuit of innovative plant-based products and solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for continuing the positive team culture, emphasizing employee development, empowerment and high performance.
- Lead a team of 4 Senior Food Scientists and Food Technologists in support of the PlantBased Meat business vertical.
- Provide technical leadership and assess ongoing business-related R&D initiatives with
- OEM’s, Research Institutes and internal stakeholders.
- Drive and develop the Plant Based Meat alternatives systems platform from a technical perspective including:
- Extending plant-meat expertise, sourcing and processing of RM’s, processing texturates developing compounds for binding, flavouring, colouring, upscale from laboratory production of plant-based meat products to Industrial production, market future trend and technology research, product management and stakeholder management.
- Proof point testing of technical solutions in applications and hands-on development of new concepts and formulations.
- Liaising with other functional ingredient suppliers and exploring the interaction of ingredients and their impact on the final product. Including ingredients such as Proteins, Fibres, Starches, stabilisers, flavours.
- Provide, analyse, and execute cost-savings/ optimization ideas and working closely with internal cross-functional team and external suppliers
- Working closely together with G2M, Regulatory and Quality teams to identify and grow new opportunities in the Plant-Based Meat segment across APAC and MEA Region.
Guide, Mentor and Coach a highly energized technical team and implement individual development plans for direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully execute this role.
- Extensive knowledge in areas of Plant Based Meat, Protein Blends, Protein
- Functionalities and synergies between ingredient matrices is a must. Deep insight into TVP (Texturized Vegetable Proteins), Extrusion Technology and High Temperature processing of grain proteins is highly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in all phases of product development and commercialization process
- Prior management experience with direct reports of various experience and skill levels
• A Bachelor’s /Master’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or related field.
A minimum of 12 years related experience in the food industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years’ experience working on Plant Based Meat/Alternative Protein space within corporate and manufacturing environment is a must.
Estimated at 30%. Travel is required to various Licious/ OEM locations, vendor meetings or other job-related functions.Show more
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship