PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose.
We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less.
PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
The position will take care plant Food Safety Program by ensuring the implementation of Food Safety Program, Customer complaints ,regulatory Compliances, Continual improvement and Shop floor Process controls. The Position is a key role in concentrate operations at site. The position is vital in review and implement the Quality system and Programs and executing the policies and guidelines issued from SC. The position is part of middle Management team and is responsible to deliver key Quality and Food Safety KPIs of the site
- Ensure Site Quality System compliance on the site
- Food Safety Leader for site
- Manage Site Food Safety Team
- Training & education of FST members
- To ensure that FSMS is established, implemented, maintained and updated
- Work as Management Representative for Quality Systems
- Establish in-plant quality policies, protocols & programs, including SOP, GMP, HACCP, FSSC, internal audits etc. in line with PGCS requirements & drive execution throughout the plant
- Lead AIB & Plant audit through routine execution program by daily AIB round, Internal audits (LWT), trainings and regular AIB reviews.
- Lead the Quality reseveres Program
- Lead the Innovation including Label compliance, SAP inspection plan and depending objects.
- Lead the applicable regulatory compliances including FSSAI requirement
- Lead Customer complaints Program, CAPA and their reviews.
- Provide quality & food safety consultative support to Plant Manufacturing & supply chain.
- Lead and ensure the Quality AOP planning & cost maintenance, submit COC timely to finance
- Lead the Quality GCS control.
- Understand and ensure compliance to local regulations for Quality & Food Safety.
- Lead and coordinate for all Food safety and Quality documents Updation on plant DMF from DMS.
- Lead the Monthly quality audits and ensure NC closure with coordination of all departments.
- Work with team on CAPA against Non – conformance and their effectiveness.
- Lead the Monthly Quality system Meet with Plant senior leadership team.
- Ensure all Food Safety and GMP trainings on the site including Food Safety Team.
- Team coordinator for Training compliances
- Ensure orientation on Quality systems and Food safety for all new joiners at the site.
- Coordinate with support Centre and Auditing bodies on Audits – AIBI and FSSC22000.
- Regular Meeting with Food safety team and facilitate on Closure for all findings.
- Responsible for Food safety crisis management plans for site.
- Work with engineering team on Capital Plans for Food Safety.
- Lead and Ensure compliance of integrated pest Management on the site.
- Responsible for reporting the Problem & Status of the FSMS to Top Management
- Support and coordinate on New Packaging Vendor developments and qualification process.
- Lead Shopfloor initiative, trails, Validation, Specification and trouble shooting from QC.
- Ensure Label Updation as per PCD details and regulations through Plant Label Quality Wall program.
- Ensure Label master Updation and yearly verification.Coordinate with local SRA declarations and their compliance.Lead and implement the Change control
- Ensure Innovation support and compliances from QC by attending weekly meets, e-ICE compliances.
- Shop floor Quality Governance Program
Key Skills / Experience Required:-
- Graduate/post graduate in relevant discipline. Sound knowledge of Food Safety and Quality program is important. Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant industry(Food,FMCG).Certified Food Safety lead auditor would be an added advantage.