Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™.
Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Job Title: Raw Material Scientist
Job Location: Bangalore
The Raw Material Scientist DS1 is an important role within the India Middle East & Africa (IMEA) R&D Innovation Delivery System 1 organization. The Raw Material Development Scientist is responsible for working cross functionally with Commercial Buyers, Suppliers, Product Development and Supply to identify new ingredient opportunities for the business that are critical to delivering a specified product design. This role will also be responsible to execute regional value leadership and supply security projects.
This role is responsible for driving these ingredients through the qualification and approval process ensuring that they are properly assessed regarding any risks to for food safety.
They will also develop ingredient Specifications which includes identifying the key ingredient attributes to be included on that Specification. As a regional Raw Material Scientist, this role may work on all product categories, based on the needs of the business.
The Raw Material Scientist possess a solid drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the innovation agenda. They work independently with minimal guidance and will build effective cross functional working teams to drive projects to execution.
- Responsible for management of a raw material portfolio in-line with Material quality management, including joint responsibility with SQA, to identify opportunities (e.g. new materials, harmonization).
- Collaborating with industry suppliers and commercial buyers to identify ingredients that can meet the needs for product design.
- Responsible for R&D systems linked to ingredient specifications and material risk assessments. Be the interface to the Global Raws and Formulation team to support in the roll-out of key strategic initiatives such as new material risk assessments and specification management systems.
- Identification of new ingredient opportunities to deliver cost savings to the business while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Leverage their knowledge of ingredients to help set strategy and identify ways to enhance key product attributes and potential savings through alternate suppliers.
- Support in alignment and management of stakeholders internal/external to R&D.
- Influences and/or develops technical strategies for R&D systems.
- Responsible for ingredient Specifications and R&D system linked to specification management
Education & Professional Qualification
Minimum: Bachelor of Science in a technical area including engineering, chemistry, food science and nutrition / technology. Minimum Experience with 3 to 4 years.
Preferred: In addition to the minimum requirements, knowledge of different R&D systems and specification management.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)