At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez India Foods Private Limited (formerly Cadbury India Ltd.) has been in India for over 70 years, making sure our mouth-watering and well-loved local and global brands such as Cadbury chocolates, Bournvita and Tang powdered beverages, Oreo and Cadbury Bournvita biscuits, and Halls and Cadbury Choclairs Gold candies get safely into our customers hands—and mouths.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has more than 3,300 employees proudly working across sales offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai and in manufacturing facilities at Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh, at our global Research & Development Technical Centre and Global Business Hub in Maharashtra and in a vast distribution network across the country.
We are also proud to be recognised by Avatar as the Best Companies for Women in India in 2019 – the fourth time we’ve received this award.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working as part of a cross functional team, you deliver the RDQ activities required to complete Packaging Design and Packaging Deployment for Innovation/Growth projects and productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
With the support and guidance of a manager, you will organize and execute projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks. You will plan and conduct activities to generate appropriate packaging information, using sampling and supplier management, and pilot plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements.
In this role, you will plan and conduct process development activities (e.g. packaging design and specifications, packaging scale up, commissioning etc.) and help with planning and the effective use of resources, including the use of external agencies. You will also create technical reports, which will require your skills in analysis and interpretation of results that will lead to conclusions and recommendations; create and maintain accurate packaging specifications; and create intellectual property to drive our competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Working on teams and independently with the guidance of a manager
- Prioritizing and managing activities
- Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions independently
- Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyze data to reach clear conclusions
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, including technical writing
- Putting the consumer at the heart of development activities
- Technical curiosity and a collaborative mindset
More about this role
This Position reports to the R&D Packaging Lead, AMEA Region. Peers & Working Group include Senior Brand Managers, Regional Procurement Managers, Business Development, AMEA Commercialization teams, Global & Regional Product & Pack developers, Operation/ Supply chain team members across multiple countries & regions.
This Position will be responsible for delivering against the packaging innovation, Productivity and Quality agenda of business & Fully accountable for Strategically and operationally growing our market share profitability with a focus on pack formats at the right Price point architecture ( PPA) for traditional, Modern Trade & Ecom offerings.
– This Position requires a detailed understanding of the overall packaging development process & depth of Knowledge of Packaging Technologies & Materials to make a significant contribution to Project objectives and outcomes. Furthermore, Business sense & Consumer insights knowledge will also help.
– The Individual must have experience in the packaging development process from concept initialization through Commercialization in a fast paced environment. The individual must possess strong technical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
– Whilst 30 % travel has been estimated, it is expected that this role must drive hard to utilize alternative methods/ technologies for communication/ Collaboration given increasingly reduced Travel budgets.
Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain and packaging operations. In depth understanding of program and project management skills from idea to launch process of any kind of project
Education / Certifications:
- Scientific/Technical/Engineering degree or equivalent dedicated packaging qualification from Recognized Packaging institutes like (Institute Indian institute of Packaging or SIES schools or Equivalent packaging technology specific degree is preferred )
- Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain & packaging Operations
- In-depth understanding of program/project management Skills from Idea to Launch process of any kind of project.
- Good experience in specs management
Job specific requirements:
2-4 years work experience in Research & Development – Packaging Development function from any FMCG industry Or Packaging materials making and convertor/Printing industry in R&D Design team is preferable
Whilst 30 % of travel has been estimated, it is expected that this role must drive hard to utilize alternative methods/ technologies for communication/ Collaboration given increasingly reduced Travel budgets.
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)