At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right through offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broader range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life’s moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands – both global and local. Including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the number 1 position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy as well as the No. 2 position in gum
Our 80,000 Makers and Bakers are located in our operations in more than 80 countries and are working to sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. They are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen, and happen fast.
Join us and Make It An Opportunity!
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working as part of a cross functional team, you deliver the RDQ activities required to complete Packaging Design and Packaging Deployment for Innovation/Growth projects and productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
With the support and guidance of a manager, you will organize and execute projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks. You will plan and conduct activities to generate appropriate packaging information, using sampling and supplier management, and pilot plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements. In this role, you will plan and conduct process development activities (e.g. packaging design and specifications, packaging scale up, commissioning etc.) and help with planning and the effective use of resources, including the use of external agencies. You will also create technical reports, which will require your skills in analysis and interpretation of results that will lead to conclusions and recommendations; create and maintain accurate packaging specifications; and create intellectual property to drive our competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Working on teams and independently with the guidance of a manager
- Prioritizing and managing activities
- Identifying problems proactively and creating and implementing solutions independently
- Applying fundamental technical understanding to interpret and analyze data to reach clear conclusions
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing, including technical writing
- Putting the consumer at the heart of development activities
- Technical curiosity and a collaborative mindset
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
This position reports to the Packaging R&D Group Leader Cocoa & Powder Beverages, AMEA Region (Part of BCGM Beverage Gum Candy & Meals)
Peers & Working Group includes Senior Brand Managers, Regional Procurement Managers, Business development, AMEA Commercialization teams, Global & Regional Pack developers, Operation supply chain team members across multiple countries & regions.
BCGM Category is mostly focused on key markets like MENAP, INDIA, SEA, CHINA, AUSTRALIA under the Global brand of Cadbury & Kraft like Tang, Bournvita, Drinking chocolate & Cocoa Powder, Stride, Dentyne, Philadelphia, Eden etc.
This position will be responsible for delivering against the packaging innovation, Productivity and Quality agenda of business & fully accountable for strategically and operationally growing our market share profitability with focus on pack formats at the right price point architecture (PPA) for traditional, Modern Trade & Ecom offerings.
- This position requires a detailed understanding of overall packaging process & deep knowledge of Packaging technologies & Material to make a significant contribution to project Objective and outcomes. Furthermore Business sense & Consumer insights mindset/ Knowledge will help.
- The individual must have experience in packaging development Process from Concept initialisation through commercialisation in a fast paced environment. The individual must process strong technical skills and ability to handle multiple projects same time.
- While 30% travel has been estimated. It is expected that this role must drive hard to utilise alternative methods/ Technologies for communication/ collaboration given increasingly reduced travel budget.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Practical Experience & Knowledge with a range of Packaging materials ( Flexible paper &paper boards & Corrugates, Rigid plastics) , Its processes and manufacturing methods & Technologies
- Previous Experience in manufacturing & Research Development team environment
- Packaging Graphics: apply knowledge around the printing process to determine how it affects packaging aesthetics & its performance. Effectively apply to business issues and make appropriate recommendations
- Previous experience in FMCG, Food category; Or in depth Packaging Material processing & Converting techniques experience preferable
- Previous Experience 2 -3 different locations/ Countries will be an added advantage
Education / Certifications:
Min 6-7 years of work experience in Research & Development- Packaging development function from FMCG industry or Packaging materials making and convertor/ Printing Industry in R&D Design team is preferable
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)