The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government.
The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff. Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
APART Phase II is theme on transforming the rice-based agri-food system in Assam using a value chain approach. The project aims to create a self-sustaining agrarian society and an enabling agricultural support system for marginalized farm households of Assam and will (a) adopt and focus more on cluster strategy to generate economies of scale; (b) promote vertical and horizontal links between local agricultural enterprises; (c) enable diffusion of innovations; (d) leverage network externalities; and (e) channel public support for services and infrastructure.
Project focuses on value addition in the production and postharvest segments of selected agricultural commodity value chains and facilitates agribusiness investments through inclusive business models that provide opportunities to small and marginal farmers as well as stimulate the establishment of new small and medium agribusiness enterprises.
Under the general supervision of Specialist – Agriculture Research & Development (Agriculture Extension) and Senior Associate Scientist II & Resident Project Coordinator, the incumbent will assist in conducting and facilitating field activities under different project objectives. Organize data collection, coordination of transfer of knowledge through different means, including training, demonstrations, and exposure visits. Work closely with AAU project field staff, KVKs, ATMA, district administration, and other stakeholders including CG centers for achieving agreed project milestones. Assist in preparation and submission of reports.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support in field activities of the project including organizing data collection by using appropriate and recommended tools
• Assist in planning and organizing practical demonstrations, traveling seminars, interaction and feedback sessions, field days on different agricultural technologies and seed systems, GIS activities in collaboration with different stakeholders
• Troubleshooting and assist service providers and progressive farmers through hands-on training for extension of technologies
• Coordinate with the AAU project field staff, collaborators, enumerators/ contract workers on a day to day activities and guide as necessary to ensure quality standards
• Coordinate with district agricultural officers, KVK scientists on a day to day activities and mutual activities
• Monitor pests and diseases and make timely requests for treatments in consultation with specialists
• Assist implementing partners for effective implementation of project activities
• Support in preparing presentations, technical literatures, and reports
• Meet with supervisor/project leaders/collaborators to update on the work done
• Engagement with various stakeholders including AAU project field staff, KVKs, NGOs, Public, private sectors, suppliers, service providers, seed producers, etc.
• Other subject project leads, subject matter experts for field experiments and data collection
• Convert encoded data into the database
• Contribute to the development of training materials and news letters
• Preparation and submission of relevant reports to the supervisor
Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or agriculture engineering with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in seed systems, crop management, agronomy, mechanization, post-harvest, capacity building, pest disease in a project related to agriculture extension and research
Master’s degree in Agricultural Science will be preferred
Has Basic knowledge of MS Office and related software Has a working knowledge of sophisticated equipment and processes for its efficient use Has some knowledge of the latest techniques on rice farming Is able to be active with associates in field condition, to work independently and with little guidance Has some experience with monitoring and documentation of fields activities Has some experience with providing training on farming techniques
In addition to the base salary indicated above, IRRI also offers the following allowances: • House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month
• Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance of INR 2000
• Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay
• Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
• Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children) IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship