Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country.
- Name of Position : Graduate Engineers
- Number of position : 100
- Method of recruitment : Contract-based engagement through interviews at Regional level.
- Educational qualifications : Essential – Master’s Degree in relevant subject or BE/B. Tech in Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Bio-Technology, Micro-Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Dairy Technology and many more.
- Age Limit : Should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of application.
- Job Location : Anywhere in India depending upon the requirement.
- Tenure of Engagement : contract basis for a period of 2 years.
- Scrutiny of the Inspection Reports (IRs) and Test Reports (TRs) of Factory Inspections.
- Inspection of the Test Reports (TRs) of the Market Samples.
- Management of the Market Surveillance Cell.
- Scrutiny of applications for the Grant of license and examination of the Test Reports (TRs) in respect of Application Samples.
- Assisting Certification Officers in conducting (Search & Seizure) S&S operations.
- Assisting Heads of BOs in following up the prosecution of offenders.
- Any other work assigned by BIS.
All the applications received shall be scrutinized and shortlisted. Candidates will be shortlisted in the light of their qualifications, experience and other details provided in the application form. Mere fulfillment of qualification or shortlisting shall not confer any right to be engaged as Graduate Engineer. Shortlisted candidates will be called for practical assessment, written assessment, technical knowledge assessment and interview. BIS reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
A consolidated monthly remuneration of Rs.50,000/-
- Leave: Graduate Engineers shall be eligible for Eight (8) days leave in a calendar year. No remuneration for the
period of absence in excess of admissible leave will be paid. Also, un-availed leave shall neither be carried forward
to next year nor en-cashed.
- Working Hours: The Graduate Engineers shall follow the normal office working hours as prescribed (9.00AM
to 5.30PM). However, as per the exigency one has to sit late to complete the time bound work or outstation
assignments. Attendance would be made through Bio-metric attendance system.
- No Other Assignment: The engagement is on full-time basis and Graduate Engineer shall not take any other
assignment during the period of engagement in BIS.
- Travel, Medical Clearance and Service incurred Death, Injury or illness: In the event of the death, injury
or illness of the individual GE which is attributable to the performance of services on behalf of BIS under the terms of the contract, and/or while travelling for official duty or is performing any services under the contract in any offices or premises of BIS or Government of India, the individual GE or the individual GE’s dependents, as appropriate shall not be entitled to any compensation or any claim whatsoever.
- Medical fitness and Police Verification: Police verification will be conducted after the engagement of the
GEs. The GEs will also submit a medical fitness certificate from a authorized/registered Medical Practitioner, at the
time of joining.
- Termination of Contract/Engagement: The engagement of Graduate Engineer can be terminated by BIS at
any time without assigning any reasons thereof by giving them 30 days’ notice. However, in case the GE wishes to
resign, he/she will have to give 30 days’ advance notice or remuneration in lieu of thereof, before resigning from the
How to apply
Candidates are required to apply online through BIS website only i.e. www.bis.gov.in
In case of any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
BIS operations are divided into five regions namely, Western/Southern/Eastern/Northern/Central. The Branch wise distribution alongwith the vacancies in each Branch is given at Annex-A. Candidate is required to give three references of Branches in one desired Region where he/she intends to apply.
- The last date to apply is 27 August 2022
- No fees is required to be paid by the applicant
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)