We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
Location – MUMBAI-SPECTRA, INDIA
India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
The Analytical team delivers high quality, reliable analytical testing results for Raw material as well as finished food products
This position is responsible for analyzing food samples, analyzing technical data, development of analytical methods, validation of analytical methods, approving results and handling internal as well as external customers.
• Analyze chromatographic data of food assays like Fat profile, cholesterol, Sugar, Inulin, Vitamins, Sugar Alcohols, Hexanal etc.
• Use Empower application (Chromatography application) to review and commit this chromatographic (LC/GC) data in Laboratory Information Management system (LIMS) data collection system to ensure proper peak identification and integration.
• Identify issues and trends and suggest/make recommendations as necessary to ensure accurate data reporting.
• Review Analytical and Quality Procedures, Carry out CAP (Corrective action protocol) Investigations to
ensure compliance to ISO 17025
• Enter and authorize Send Out labs results in LIMS.
• Handle projects independently
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts: Elevate concerns and issues that require a “deeper dive” such as examining the fundamental chemistry of a method.
• Lead interaction with Medallion technicians for day to day problem solving related to chromatographic analysis.
• Assist in the establishment and ongoing management of QC programs, including data entry, assessments and reports
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors Science
- Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters Science
- Preferred Major Area of Study: M.Sc. Analytical Science/Food Science/Pharmaceutical Sciences
Minimum years of related experience required: 2
Preferred years of related experience: 3
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
• Sound knowledge of analytical systems, Chromatography and equipment like HPLC, GC and LCMS.
• Experience operating in an ISO/IEC (9001 or 17025) accredited environment.
• Familiarity with electronic chromatography data collection systems: Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Empower chromatography system is preferred.
• Ability to collaborate with others as part of a virtual team
• Ability to exercise judgment in handling confidential proprietary information
• Demonstrated good attention to detail and focus on quality of work.
• High self-motivation with the ability to work both independently and in team
• Exhibits strong problem solving and analytical skills – identifies issues and provides ideas or proposes solutions for resolution.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral required