From removing the regular pain of fingersticks as people manage their diabetes to connecting patients to doctors with real-time information monitoring their hearts, from easing chronic pain and movement disorders to testing half the world’s blood donations to ensure a healthy supply, our purpose is to make the world a better place by bringing life-changing health technologies to the people who need them. That’s our commitment to helping you live your best life.
LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
We understand that the first step to living your best life is good health. Everything we make is designed to help you do just that. That’s our commitment to building life-changing technologies that keep your heart healthy, nourish your body at every stage of life, help you feel and move better, and bring you information, medicines and breakthroughs to manage your health.
ABBOTT AT A GLANCE
We create breakthrough products – in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals – that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities. Today, 115,000 of us are working to make a lasting impact on health in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives
- Provide overall leadership to Secondary packing, NDT, BIJ operation team.
- Responsible for planning, execution, monitoring and overall supervision of entire Secondary packing, NDT, BIJ operation in the shifts by ensuring Abbott Standards.
- Primary purpose of role is to focus on reconciliation and handover of batches, follow process flow in NDT/BIJ/FG handover process, managing the contractual workforce and drive projects / actions related to continuous improvement in same.
- To achieve the secondary packing/NDT/BIJ targets as per schedule. Ensure that product manufactured are free from defects and meet Abbott quality standards.
- To monitor the shift activities as per quality compliance.
- Promote and foster good human relations within the department and plant-wide and work to ensure that employees embrace the Abbott Values.
- To assume responsibility of improving efficiency and quality of secondary packing/NDT/BIJ operations.
- Ensure effective maintenance programs in place and ensure that all equipment maintenance is done effectively in secondary packing/NDT/BIJ and Goods Out area.
- Ensure no line clearance & labelling related events during shifts.
- To carry out assessment of engineering spare parts required in secondary packing/NDT/BIJ & Goods Out section and ensure timely availability of same.
- Drive the Business Excellence Program and Lean/Sigma continuous improvement initiatives in the department. (RCA, OSW etc.)
- Provide relevant training to ensure employees retain craft skill.
- Lead and manage specific projects as required.
- Timely reporting of Safety, Quality, Food Safety, Equipment Down Time, People related incidents.
- No un-authorized operation of NDT machines.
- Ensuring 5 S in across secondary packing/BIJ/NDT areas.
- To ensure Operator Standard Work in all secondary packing/BIJ/NDT operations.
- To analyze Root Cause and executing CAPA for all line clearance/labelling /reconciliation incidents reported.
- To ensure batch records and other documents are maintained as per SOP.
- To ensure 100% adherence to NDT process for pouches and sachets.
- To ensure GMP in secondary packing/BIJ/NDT operation areas & Ensure compliance to food safety related concerns in Manufacturing department for maintaining food safety in plant.
- To ensure fixed crew system is followed across all shifts.
- To achieve the Pouch/Sachet/BIJ/NDT targets as per schedule. Ensure that product manufactured are free from defects and meet Abbott quality standards.
- To engage self and secondary packing/BIJ/NDT team on continuous improvement of overall operations.
- Take responsibility for the career development /planning and performance discussion of the team members by continuous training / coaching of shift crew in the span of control.
- Manage line or production scheduling and plan work force utilization to ensure efficient use of the company resources and timely delivery to customer.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dairy Technology/Process Engineering/mechanical/Food science with minimum 2 to 5 yrs. experience.
- Sound people management skills.
- Good understanding of production and/or material operations. Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques.
- Being proficient in Gujarati is an added advantage.
- The ability to organize, motivate and develop employees.
- Interpersonal skills in order to have healthy relationship with colleagues working in different functions at site.
- Communication skills in order to understand and provide necessary feedback or solutions to Site team and internal customers.
- Strategic thinking in order to go in depth understanding of Site Operations and related complex issues and provide the best feasible solutions at all levels. Should possess sound analytical skills.
- Decision making skills in order to handle the different problems at Site.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)