ITC is one of India’s foremost private sector companies and a diversified conglomerate with businesses spanning Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Hotels, Paperboards and Packaging, Agri Business and Information Technology. The Company is acknowledged as one of India’s most valuable business corporations with a Gross Revenue of ₹ 69,481 crores and Net Profit of ₹ 18,753.31 crores (as on 31.03.2023). ITC was ranked as India’s most admired company, according to a survey conducted by Fortune India, in association with Hay Group.
Multiple Drivers of Growth
ITC is the country’s leading FMCG marketer, the clear market leader in the Indian Paperboard and Packaging industry, a globally acknowledged pioneer in farmer empowerment through its wide-reaching Agri Business, a pre-eminent hotel chain in India that is a trailblazer in ‘Responsible Luxury’. ITC’s wholly-owned subsidiary, ITC Infotech, is a specialized global digital solutions provider.
Over the last decade, ITC’s new Consumer Goods Businesses have established a vibrant portfolio of 25+ world- class Indian brands that create and retain value in India. ITC’s world class FMCG brands including Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Yippee!, Bingo!, B Natural, ITC Master Chef, Fabelle, Sunbean, Fiama, Engage, Vivel, Savlon, Classmate, Paperkraft, Mangaldeep, Aim and others have garnered encouraging consumer franchise within a short span of time. While several of these brands are market leaders in their segments, others are making appreciable progress.
Leveraging Institutional Strengths
The competitiveness of ITC’s diverse businesses rest on the strong foundations of institutional strengths derived from its deep consumer insights, cutting-edge Research & Development, differentiated product development capacity, brand-building capability, world-class manufacturing infrastructure, extensive rural linkages, efficient trade marketing and distribution network and dedicated human resources. ITC’s ability to leverage internal synergies residing across its diverse businesses lends a unique source of competitive advantage to its products and services.
‘Nation First: Sab Saath Badhein’
ITC’s ‘Nation First: Sab Saath Badhein’ philosophy underlines its core belief in building a globally competitive and profitable Indian enterprise that makes an exemplary contribution to creating larger societal value. As a company deeply rooted in Indian soil, ITC is inspired by the opportunity to serve larger national priorities. A global exemplar in Sustainability, ITC is the only enterprise in the world of comparable dimensions to be carbon-positive, water-positive and solid waste recycling positive for over a decade now. ITC has created over 6 million sustainable livelihoods. Nearly 43% of the total energy consumed in ITC is from renewable sources. ITC’s premium luxury hotels have the unique distinction of being LEED Platinum certified.
ITC’s Well-being Out of Waste programme (WOW) that comprehensively addresses the problem of solid waste management, of which plastic waste is a significant component, provides an end-to-end sustainable and scalable solution that has reached out to over 1.8 crores citizens in the country.
Together with farmers and local communities, ITC has implemented largescale interventions in climate-smart and sustainable agriculture that make a meaningful contribution to the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of doubling farmer incomes. Towards this, ITC has launched an integrated programme titled ‘Baareh Mahine Hariyali’ (maximising farm utilisation over 12 months of the year) to give a new dimension to the complex task of multiplying farmer incomes. ITC is collaborating with NITI Aayog to progressively build capacity of 2 million farmers in 27 Aspirational Districts to help enhance rural incomes.
ITC is investing in India’s future by building world-class consumer goods factories and iconic hospitality assets that will contribute to the country’s competitive capacity. These investment projects underpin the Company’s support to the Government’s “Make in India” vision.
Purpose of Job
- To provide, maintain & monitor nutrition science support to the ITC Food division in all the I&R projects
- To develop & be accountable for science-based nutrition policies to meaningfully provide brand claim & product development support, keeping the current regulatory, legal, R&D and brand environment in mind.
- To drive the nutrition-based Innovation pipeline to support business propositions across categories with consumer at its heart.
- To create a healthy partnership with relevant stakeholders (internal & external) to strengthen the brand proposition.
- To provide clear nutritional recommendations consistent with product positioning and target consumers.
- To find science based, innovation led ideas to meaningfully increase the nutritional value of our products whilst improving taste.
- Responsible to provide scientific input for nutritional communication on pack, internet, leaflets and contribute to the development of nutritional communications and tools for medical targets (dieticians, clinicians etc.)
- To develop & drive, nutritional competitive advantage in a meaningful and appropriate way.
- To assist corporate affairs/ CSV/CSR initiatives by assisting communities & consumers to help make meaningful, informed food choices & their health benefits.
- Help the BUs interpret scientific nutritional facts into consumer communication.
- Responsible for Co–ordinating and participating in the cross-functional team meetings and pro-actively supporting and driving improvement decisions and actions for product renovations.
- Conduct nutritional training within the division e.g. workshops for Marketing and basic nutrition training courses for all other functions
- Responsible for organizing internal activation to keep Nutrition science top of mind.
- To develop a scientific close community group for external alignment on key science topics.
- To Support the R&D initiatives for clinicals, pre-clinicals, epidemiological data set work.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum Masters in Foods & Nutrition or similar degree from a reputed university.
- Industry experience of min 7-10 years in similar FMCG arena.
- Background – from Nutrition/Regulatory/medical departments of FMCG groups.
Technical / Functional knowledge
- Updated knowledge on current trends in Nutrition, Food laws / FSSAI, Understanding of the Regulatory & legal Environment- both at local and global levels.
- To be part of strong scientific and nutrition community to support innovation-based product ideas.
- Strong scientific background on scientific publications, design of experiments, clinicals.
- Working knowledge of the real time NPD cycle with ownership of various gates/stages with clear accountabilities and responsibilities.
- To be able to work in cross-functional team.
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)