The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December, 1985. The Act (2 of 1986) came into effect from 13th February, 1986 by a notification issued in the Gazette of India: Extraordinary: Part-II [Sec. 3(ii): 13.2.1986). The Authority replaced the Processed Food Export Promotion Council (PFEPC).
1.1 ASSIGNED FUNCTIONS
In accordance with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985, (2 of 1986) the following functions have been assigned to the Authority.
- Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance or otherwise for undertaking surveys and feasibility studies, participation in enquiry capital through joint ventures and other reliefs and subsidy schemes;
- Registration of persons as exporters of the scheduled products on payment of such fees as may be prescribed;
- Fixing of standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports;
- Carrying out inspection of meat and meat products in slaughter houses, processing plants, storage premises, conveyances or other places where such products are kept or handled for the purpose of ensuring the quality of such products;
- Improving of packaging of the Scheduled products;
- Improving of marketing of the Scheduled products outside India;
- Promotion of export oriented production and development of the Scheduled products;
- Collection of statistics from the owners of factories or establishments engaged in the production, processing, packaging, marketing or export of the scheduled products or from such other persons as may be prescribed on any matter relating to the scheduled products and publication of the statistics so collected or of any portions thereof or extracts there from;
- Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products;
- Such other matters as may be prescribed.
Post – Assistant Manager
Opening – 6
Essential qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture / Veterinary /Food Processing /Foreign Trade/ Plantation/ Management Degree in the above fieldse.g. Agriculture Management from recognized University/Institution
Desirable: Master’s Degree in the above
specializations from recognized
University/Institution, publication of
papers in international journals in the
(1) Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Competent Authority in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
(2) The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Competent Authority in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes if at any stage of selection, the Competent Authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from
these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
- A candidate shall submit application only through online portal in the link provided.
- The candidate will be required to upload documents/certificates in support of his
educational qualifications and experience as may be required.
- The candidate must have completed the essential qualification/experience on or before the
closing/last date for submission of online application.
- Mere submission of the application does not confirm any right on the applicant to be called
- The Competent Authority reserves the right to reject any application/candidature at its
discretion and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained from the applicant.
- Application Fee: Rs 300/- (Rs Three Hundred only). Fee is payable by all candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability who are exempted from payment of fee).
- Fee should be paid through the link provided in the online application portal.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and summarily
rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained.
- Candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must ensure that their fee has been
deposited with APEDA. If the fee is not received by APEDA, status of Application Form will be shown ‘Incomplete’ and this information is printed on the top of the Application Form. Further, status of fee payment can be verified at the ‘Payment Status’ link provided in the candidate’s login screen. Such applications which remain incomplete due to non-receipt of
fee will be SUMMARILY REJECTED and no request for consideration of such applications and fee payment after the last date and time for submission of online applications shall be entertained.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other selection current or future.
(i) Candidates belonging to either the SC or the ST or the OBC category who are also covered under any other clauses mentioned above will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both categories.
(ii) The term Ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time. The age concession will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at own request or being relieved by the employer after earning pension
(a) Medium of Examination:
The paper shall be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English. The candidate may choose to write
the paper either in English or Hindi as per his/her choice. However, the candidates are
expected to write answers in one language only (English or Hindi) only.
(b) The qualifying marks to be obtained in the written test will be 50% for Scheduled
Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates and 60% for other candidates.
(c) The merit list category-wise will be prepared on the marks obtained in the written
The written test will be held in centre(s) in Delhi NCR.
- The candidature is provisional at every stage of selection process. Mere submission of
application or selection to the post will not confer on the candidate/applicant any right(s)
for appointment to the post. The candidate is required to fulfill all the educational
qualifications as prescribed and other criteria as mentioned above in case of her/his
selection to the post. Wrong declaration / submission of false information or any other
action contrary to law shall lead to cancellation of the candidature at any stage.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Those candidates who are employed in Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous Bodies etc.
should upload No Objection Certificate in the online portal.
- Age of the applicant for the post will be calculated with reference to the closing date
for receipt of the applications. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-servicemen
candidates will be as per Government rules/orders.
- Candidates who seek age-relaxation and or exemption from fee payment (except
women candidates for fee payment) must upload requisite certificate from the competent
authority, in the prescribed format. Otherwise, their claim for age relaxation or exemption
from fee payment will not be entertained. Candidates applying for posts reserved for
SC/ST/OBC category must upload requisite certificate from the competent authority, in the
format prescribed by the Government. Certificates in any other format are liable to be
rejected. Candidates may also note that in respect of the above, their candidature will
remain provisional till the veracity of the concerned document is verified by the Competent
- The procedure and process of recruitment shall be governed as per Agricultural and
Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (Recruitment) Regulations, 2022.
- Success in the written test confers no right of appointment unless the competent
authority in APEDA is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the
candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service/post
- Candidates selected for appointment are liable to serve anywhere in India i.e. all these
posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL)
- APEDA reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at any time.
Caution: – Canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification and cancellation of the
NOTE: Candidate is required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG
format (20 KB to 50 KB) in the online Application Form The photograph should not be more
than three months old from the date of publication of the advertisement. Image dimension
of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should
clearly show applicant’s face without any blur and should be without cap and spectacles.
The photo should capture full face, front view, with eyes open. The head should be in the
centre of the frame. There should be no distracting shadows on the face or background.
Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from
bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The
expression on the face should look natural.
If proper photograph is not uploaded by a candidate, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
Last date and time for submission of online applications is 20.03.2023 (23:59 hrs).
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)