Brenntag is the global market leader in chemicals and ingredients distribution. The company holds a central role in connecting customers and suppliers of the chemical industry. Headquartered in Essen, Germany, Brenntag has more than 17,000 employees worldwide and operates a network of about 700 sites in 78 countries. In 2021, Brenntag generated sales of around 14.4 billion EUR.
The two global divisions, Brenntag Essentials and Brenntag Specialties, provide a full-line portfolio of industrial and specialty chemicals and ingredients as well as tailormade application, marketing and supply chain solutions, technical and formulation support, comprehensive regulatory know-how, and digital solutions.
Brenntag Essentials is the trusted, lean and efficient distribution partner, and markets process chemicals across a wide range of industries and applications. Here our local market knowledge and reach combined with our global supplier and site network are key success factors.
Brenntag Specialties is positioned to become the leading supplier of specialty chemicals and ingredients in six focus industries worldwide: Nutrition, Pharma, Personal Care/HI&I (Home, Industrial & Institutional), Material Science (Coatings & Construction, Polymers, Rubber), Water Treatment and Lubricants. These industries require our unique technical and application expertise within strict regulatory environments.
In the field of sustainability, Brenntag pursues ambitious goals and is committed to drive sustainable solutions in its own sector and the industries served. Brenntag shares have been listed at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange since 2010, initially in the MDAX and since September 2021 in the DAX. In addition, the Brenntag SE shares are listed in the DAX 50 ESG and DAX ESG Target.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of the role is to lead the application lab for food & nutrition business unit of Brenntag India. This would be a support service & team leadership role.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety norms in the lab.
- Assess the application needs of the sales team (different categories) and provide optimum solutions.
- Develop new products/concepts in the lab.
- Responsible for customer level trials.
- Monitor the sampling activities & replenish the stocks timely.
- Prioritize application sample production based on sales and category needs.
- Manage 3rd party production schedule as well as periodic audits.
- Be one point of contact to the suppliers for technical requirements.
- Attend sales meeting with the customer for technical guidance.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the machines in the lab.
- Develop SOP for application, sampling dispatches & all the lab activities.
- Share monthly reports on application development with the business manager and the regional counterparts.
- Coordinate with vendors on need basis for issues related to machines/packaging/materials/ingredients/safety devices etc. in the lab.
BSc./MSc./B.tech in food technology from a reputed college/university.
Certification in ISO/ FSSAI/ HACCP preferred.
Minimum 13 years of experience, out of which last 5 years should be in leading a team in the R&D function/ application development lab of reputed food ingredient organizations.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)