PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose.
We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less.
PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
In 2009, PepsiCo India achieved a significant milestone, by becoming the first business to achieve ‘Positive Water Balance’ in the beverage world, and has been Water Positive since then. In 2015, PepsiCo India saved 12.75 billion litres more that it consumed in its manufacturing operations.
The company made this possible through innovative irrigation practices like direct seeding, community water recharging initiatives, and by reducing the consumption of water in its manufacturing facilities. PepsiCo is lauded for its efforts for water conservation and has received numerous awards such as CII National award for water management and Water Digest award for water practices amongst others.
Care for the environment:
PepsiCo India is focused on reducing its carbon footprint. In 2015, PepsiCo’s India’s Food and Beverage manufacturing operations’ dependence on non-renewable energy has reduced by 74% and 62% respectively from a baseline of 2006. This reduction has been on two counts – improved operating efficiency and technology intervention of plants and migration to renewable sources of energy such as bio mass fuels (rice husk boilers) and wind turbines.
This role will lead and provide an end-to-end FS support to the Beverage category in AMESA (new product development, supporting productivity and Pep + projects, risk assessment of ingredients and innovation) ensuring compliance to all Food Safety requirements and programs.
- Drive the development and implementation of the agile Food Safety Strategies for AMESA Beverages category enabling speed to market whilst ensuring commercialization of safe and legal products.
- Delivers food safety due diligence to new product development, productivity and brand stewardship in Beverage category.
- The role sets high standards to drive compliance with PepsiCo Food safety requirements globally and as applicable fits highest levels of food safety and consumer protection programs set by PepsiCo
- This will involve Liaison with various functions across AMESA and globally (R&D, Supply Chain QC, TDC, Marketing, Legal)
Key Accountabilities :
- Conduct FS due diligence in AMESA Beverages TSG, Productivity, Brand Stewardship, sustainability projects, including CAPEX and other change activities to ensure right first-time commercialization of food safe products. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Operational/Executional Excellence – identifying and driving ways of doing it better/different supporting increased speed to market. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Champion FS Change Management Processes to ensure effective deployment FS programs and standards. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Partner Supply chain QC, QA and Process Authority Leads when necessary to drive FS compliance. (Consultant)
- Conduct and document Food Safety Hazard Assessment (product & process) and create HACCP Transfer Document during the development process of new products. (Execution)
- Assemble SMEs and lead in development of Project FS qualification requirements where required. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Support the SQA process ensure the ingredient safety plan (especially for sensitive ingredients) is current and effective. (Decision Maker)
- Ensure appropriate control measures are in place for microbiological, physical and chemical control requirements for food safety and immediate corrective actions are taken where deviations occur. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Lead in developing risk-mitigating strategies along with other groups (Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain, R&D) to properly manage resources in addressing critical food safety issues. (Consultant)
- Ensure seamless implementation of PepsiCo FS standards. (Execution)
- Conduct allergen risk assessment and develop CAPA recommendations. (Decision Maker & Execution)
- Food Safety SME supporting Raw Materials and Finished Goods Specifications (Consultant)
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Qualified to minimum Degree level in Food Science, Food Microbiology or a related discipline (5-7 years)
- In-depth knowledge and experience of food/drink Food Safety and regulatory compliance.
- Strong integrity, enabling reasoned quality and food safety advice to be given without being pressured by other influences.
- A detailed knowledge of food manufacturing and an understanding of food industry quality management systems.
- Ability to self-manage resource with leadership and management experience and personal accountability for results
- Technical knowledge of product, process and packaging development
- Excellent eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Able to think innovatively and ensure food safety and quality are continuously on the agenda.
- Able to set a clear, future focused direction, taking into consideration internal and external best-practice
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship