Givaudan is a global leader in Fragrance & Beauty and Taste & Wellbeing. We celebrate the beauty of human experience by creating for happier, healthier lives with love for nature. Together with our customers we deliver food experiences, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions that make people look and feel good. In 2021, Givaudan employed over 16,800 people worldwide and achieved CHF 6.7 billion in sales with a free cash flow of 12.6%. With a heritage that stretches back over 250 years, we are committed to driving long-term, purpose-led growth by improving people’s health and happiness and increasing our positive impact on nature. This is Givaudan. Human by nature. Discover more at: www.givaudan.com.
Senior Flavourist – Your Future Position?
As a Senior Flavourist, you will lead complex flavour development projects, and direct research programs and support knowledge sharing, to create functional value according to organizational goals and EH&S policies. You will report to the Head – Technical Centre and Insights.
In this exciting role based in India, you will:
Flavour Preparation & Evaluation Management
- Prepare flavour samples as requested for creation or applications needs, technology performance as-sessment, physical testing.
- Create new flavour creations or modify existing flavours to meet project requirements, internal test-ing needs, or new technology development at an expert level for selected flavour types
- Coordinate the evaluation of materials developed internally or from external sources and assess po-tential for flavour creation
- Implement daily tasks and manage assigned projects and provide flavours which meet all defined project needs, considering when relevant good manufacturing practices, sample scale-up, produc-tion requirements, regulatory compliance and leading customer visits for flavour creation and prod-uct presentations at the customer
- Participate with management in the establishment and updating all guidelines related to flavour creation
- Develop tactical plans to accomplish functional strategy.
- Implement complex programs and provide technical leadership within their area or group, determine project success criteria in collaboration with team members to create creative flavours
Knowledge Sharing & Expertise
- When requested serve as technical expert to resolve flavour production issues and customer com-plaints and complete ownership of created flavours
- Coach, train, motivate and manage flavour assistants and flavourists.
- Coordinate the participation of other technical functions to learn about all departments (analytical chemistry, sensory, consumer understanding, regulatory, flavour delivery, manufacturing)
- Be technical expert and advisor to internal and external partners and customers for ingredient and flavour performance at an expert level for selected flavour types
- Participate as a global champion for new technologies.
- Take responsibility to build a diverse and inclusive environment and used differences in styles, thinking and approaches
Environmental Health & Safety
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment following EH&S policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines, and participate in designing the rules
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as pas-sionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Polytechnic or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology
- 11+ years of experience as a Savoury Flavourist AFTER completion of Givaudan Flavourist Training pro-gramme or accepted industry equivalent
- Flavour Creation experience in more than one country/region and across multiple flavour segments
- Expert level tasting skills with a mastery level ability to understand how to adjust a flavour formu-lation in the direction needed for flavour modifications.
- Mastery level knowledge of raw materials and flavour ingredients with an expert level ability to create many flavour types to achieve flavour performance, problem solving processes, research and development needs.
- Mastery level understanding of common flavour creation solvent and carrier systems.
- Mastery level ability to interface with internal and external partners and customers and discuss the flavour creation needs for most flavour types and provide direction to help solve flavour perfor-mance issues in their applications
- Mastery level knowledge of local and regional regulatory requirements for flavours
- Ability to present complex flavour creation related technical presentations with some intermediate level elements of other functions such as applications, flavour creation, sensory, consumer understanding, analytical science, marketing.
- Mastery level knowledge of formulating suitable delivery systems for various application bases
- Mastery level knowledge of analytical methodologies (G.C. HPLC, Mass Spec.)
- Mastery level knowledge of the technology used for improved performance, specific technical as-pects affecting flavour stability in base for a multiple flavour types
- Manage flavour assistants and provide guidance for their knowledge development
Attractive package with benefitsExcellent opportunities for progressive learning and developmentA creative team environment that will inspire youComprehensive healthcare plansPTO and family leave
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)