Research and Innovation Circle of Hyderabad (RICH) is the nodal agency for Hyderabad Science & Technology (S&T) Cluster, a Mega-Cluster initiative of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to Government of India. RICH is a Section 8 Company under Companies Act 2013. Launched in 2017 by the Government of Telangana, RICH acts as a facilitator and promotes greater collaboration between various entities in the research and innovation space. RICH operates in close coordination with the S&T Cluster Apex Committee and the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
The Clusters work towards achieving the following broad objectives:
- To increase India’s national & global S&T competitiveness.
- To become regional solution providers for local industry & government.
- To create shared S&T ecosystems in India.
RICH aims to catalyze an ecosystem that empowers innovators to transform scientific research into impactful solutions that generate wealth, employment, and create social good, and strives to foster innovation that advances society, through effective use of science and technology.
RICH is looking for a full-time Head/Director for the Food & Agriculture vertical. The broad roles and responsibilities will be as follows:
1) Partnerships: Reach out to key industry players, research and academic institutions, associations, national and global innovation ecosystems, FPOs, Farm communities like KVKs, NGOs, government bodies to forge strategic partnerships. Work closely with the state and central government agriculture/horticulture/forest departments.
2) Flagship Initiatives: Lead, manage and supervise RICH’s flagship programmes in the Food and Agriculture vertical. Endeavour to position RICH as a facilitator in the Agriculture sector in the national & international development arena through these initiatives.
3) Startup Advisory: Support the core objective of RICH to assist and mentor startups in the Food & Agricultural sector and help them scale up; identify potential funding avenues, market access, mentor connects, networking opportunities etc. for startups. Develop and maintain matrix of selecting/onboarding of startups, perform continuous quality checks, and ensure tight management of milestones and progress of startups. Maintain and update start-up grant management record.
4) Project Delivery: Design and implement multi-disciplinary projects for solving issues of regional and national priority in conformance with time, quality, scope and cost budgeted. Build working groups of various stakeholders for each project. Manage and guide the Agri business manager with administrative tasks for projects. Support project outreach in consultation with the CEO and the communications team. Devise strategies for implementing and maintaining all project controls and plans. Obtain and record project status feedback from various stakeholders (including start-ups), and provide updates to the leadership.
5) Events: Design, organise and manage events, hackathons, conferences, webinars, meets on important topics in Food & Agriculture sector to provide a knowledge-sharing and networking platform for startups/entrepreneurs and researchers/scientists to showcase their innovations.
6) Synergy and Strategy building: Strengthen partnerships with the Telangana state innovation ecosystem partners. Work closely with various regional and national incubators/accelerators. Reach out to corporates, institutions, industry bodies, startups, MSMEs etc. with tailored offerings for each group including gathering problem statements from each group, analyzing and identifying suitable partners and making relevant connections. Reach out to national and global investors, and funders to strengthen the connect for providing funding options for startups. Develop and implement an innovative and ambitious strategy for the vertical with a clear focus on evidence-based advocacy, advisory work and scaling up of operations.
7) Ecosystem building: Develop content and playbooks for use by incubators/accelerators as part of incubation capacity building that will enable incubators to setup their operations and plan, facilitate, and deliver incubation programmes in a structured, standard, and consistent manner for startups. Conduct skilling/training programmes for Agricultural sector workforce, scientists, researchers, faculty in collaboration with RICH partners.
8) Budget: Create budget for projects and periodically update the requirements for projects and other sector-specific activities.
9) Teams: Create, support, and nurture teams, and support other RICH team members to lead multi-organization projects, as identified by you and the leadership of RICH.
10) Knowledge base creation: Write white papers/position papers/reports on important topics to create awareness and support policy frameworks. Further, to work towards resource mobilization and relationship management with main donors and partners, including securing funding at a global (multi-country) level for the sector.
Fulfil and implement any other tasks in consultation with the CEO and the DG of RICH.
Qualifications and Experience:
1) Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Food Technology, Food Science, Food Safety or allied fields from a premier institution; a business degree would be a plus.
2) Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience in agriculture, agri food systems, food safety, rural development and related policies, research, innovation, technology development, project management, strategy, or business development in academia, industry or government.
3) Management experience, interpersonal and communication skills as demonstrated in leading and working effectively with large teams of people of diverse backgrounds.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Strong leadership experience in design, implementation, and management of programmes in organizations (governments, corporates, foundations, international organizations, research/academic institutions, incubators, consulting firms, etc.); multidisciplinary, multi-organization programme delivery experience necessary.
- Good understanding of the entrepreneurship ecosystem – experience of working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, tinkering labs, incubators, or start-up consultancy.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with start-ups, entrepreneurs, mentors, research institutions, industry experts, associations, and investors.
- Demonstrated intellectual, managerial and technical leadership of a high order in the relevant subject areas
- Strong strategic, creative, and analytical skills to develop programme strategy.
- Excellent collaboration and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Working knowledge of Telugu would be a plus.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship