PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
Our mission: Create more smiles with every sip and every bite
For our consumers
By creating joyful moments through our delicious and nourishing products and unique brand experiences.
For our customers
By being the best possible partner, driving game-changing innovation and delivering a level of growth unmatched in our industry.
For our associates and our communities
By creating meaningful opportunities to work, gain new skills and build successful careers, and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace.
For our planet
By conserving nature’s precious resources and fostering a more sustainable planet for our children and grandchildren.
For our shareholders
By delivering sustainable top-tier TSR and embracing best-in-class corporate governance.
R&D Senior Process Engineering Manager in Worldwide Process Technology & Commercialization Engineering Group
At PepsiCo, innovation takes Center stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as create new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs – whether nutrition, refreshment, or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
As part of the Global Process Engineering group, Lead the process development with all technology support and the first commercialization of Beverages (CSD & Juices/Juice Drinks) products across; Asia, the Middle East, and Africa with some initiatives globally for; Beverages Category, including CSDs & Juices and any new category which in due course PepsiCo innovate and launch.
- Develop and manage realistic & manageable commercialization timelines and plans
- Manage and execute Concentrate and Bottling Scale-Ups and Plant Trials
- Effective planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of Technical Center, concentrate and bottling scale-ups, plant trials and capability assessments.
- Beverage and Concentrate Documentation completed to highest standards
- Develop and deliver Technical Reference Manuals and associated materials
- Project team meetings and communication concise, clear and timely
- Contribute and participate in the leadership and activities of the project team.
- Work with internal and external business partners to meet commercialization objectives
- Support Commercialization Project Manager
- Determine theoretical calculation & execute experiments as needed for point of failures in process and formulation limitations
- Demonstrate early engagement to influence final product, process and/or package design
- Provide input to drive improvements and strengthen our Tech Center capabilities to maximize early commercialization learnings
- Test new raw materials for manufacturability impact of concentrate & beverage
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following:
- Collaborative style of working
- Analytical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Communication/Presentation Skills
- Team Work
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Drive for Results
In addition, the following capabilities will be essential to success in the job
- Expertise to develop, plan, conduct and coordinate commercialization of new product initiatives including demonstrated capability in a manufacturing environment.
- Conduct appropriate project risk assessments and provides recommendations for effectively meeting product launch demands
“#Locations :Gurgaon, India”
Skill and Qualification:
- Graduate in a Chemical Engineering, Food Processing or Mechanical Engineering (with strong food bias).
- Previous experience in FMCG R&D, Process Engineering or Technology Development roles, ideally within the beverage product category.
- Deep understanding of cause and effect Food Science : Food Engineering interactions.
- Analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting process data, experimental design and statistical inference.
- Deep understanding of scale-up science, both theoretical and practical, and related hypothesis testing and experimental design, to drive sound experimental proposals.
- Mathematically minded with a thorough understanding of fluid dynamics, rheology and thermal calculations.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be proactive and multi-task.
- Ability to navigate in a matrix organization & build connections virtually.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office – Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel of up to 40 % can be required, when permitted.
Experience with food or beverage formulation and manufacturing operations
Experience with Contract Manufacturing is a big plus
Experience on Innovation processes and systems like Stage gate (TSG) and end to end development of new formulations in the wide beverage category a big plus
Other Job Requirements:
This position will require flexibility in working hours to set up and complete scale-ups, plant trials, audits or plant start-ups that may extend past typical working hours.
Field Travel will be required. Estimate 20-30%.
International Travel is a possibility.
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular