Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated $86 billion in net revenue in 2022, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Our mission: Create more smiles with every sip and every bite
For our consumers
By creating joyful moments through our delicious and nourishing products and unique brand experiences.
For our customers
By being the best possible partner, driving game-changing innovation and delivering a level of growth unmatched in our industry.
For our associates and our communities
By creating meaningful opportunities to work, gain new skills and build successful careers, and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace.
For our planet
By conserving nature’s precious resources and fostering a more sustainable planet for our children and grandchildren.
For our shareholders
By delivering sustainable top-tier TSR and embracing best-in-class corporate governance.
Winning with PepsiCo Positive
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision that captures PepsiCo’s competitive spirit, intense focus, and shared values: to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people.
We’re building upon the history and progress we’ve made since PepsiCo was founded in 1965 and creating an even stronger foundation for the decades ahead. Achieving our vision requires that we continuously challenge ourselves to become Faster, Stronger and Better.
This role will initially support (scope may expand later) the PepsiCo Europe – Food Safety team to ensure required food safety expertise is provided in support of R&D specification updates and new specifications. This role will apply technical expertise and coordinate with cross-functional discipline approvers and ingredient suppliers as required, to develop fit-for-purpose ingredient specifications, maintain existing specifications and supplier relationships, and manage tracking and uploading into relevant systems.
- Conduct food safety assessments and add required food safety parameters to foods, dairy and F&V ingredients specifications
- Serve as point of contact and maintain and foster relationships with Ingredient Specification team on food safety discussions during supplier alignment process
- Maintain strong relationship with other internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Review supplier questionnaire related to ingredients approvals, collect Food Safety specific documentation, and communicate with Ingredient Specification team and suppliers to address any outstanding questions
- Maintain and update existing specs to ensure compliance with PepsiCo Food Safety Standards, using PepsiCo tools
- Upload all food safety paperwork (re. Supplier Specs) and materials qualifications into SAP or Teams once approved
- Ensure all requests are processed, documented, and delivered within defined project timeline
- Identify potential areas for process improvements to make recommendations to R&D Europe QFS team for continuous improvement
- Understanding of Quality Assurance/ Food Safety concepts and good working knowledge of food microbiology, food allergens, physical and chemical hazards
- Understanding of food legislations.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and have adequate certification, as a minimum L2
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to rapidly learn computer applications/programs & navigate systems
- Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones; Ability to build relationships and work closely with both internal and external partners
- Good communication skills – oral and written (e.g. communication on telephone, external and internal to PepsiCo, managing with other support group functions, etc.)
- Ability to manage time effectively across multiple priorities and projects requiring a high degree of organizational and communication skills to ensure requests are delivered in a timely manner
- Exceptional data organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated & demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, Microbiology, or equivalent relevant experience required
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)