PepsiCo India: Leadership through Winning with Purpose
PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and has grown to become one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in India. PepsiCo India’s diverse portfolio includes iconic brands like Pepsi, Lay’s, Kurkure, Tropicana 100%, Gatorade and Quaker. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders.
Model partnership with over 24,000 farmers:
PepsiCo India has pioneered and established a model of partnership with farmers and now works with over 24,000 happy farmers across nine states. More than 45 percent of these are small and marginal farmers with a land holding of one acre or less. PepsiCo provides 360-degree support to the farmer through assured buy back of their produce at pre-agreed prices, quality seeds, extension services, disease control packages, bank loans, weather insurance, and the latest technological practices. The association with PepsiCo India has not only raised the incomes of small and marginal farmers, but also their social standing.
In 2009, PepsiCo India achieved a significant milestone, by becoming the first business to achieve ‘Positive Water Balance’ in the beverage world, and has been Water Positive since then. In 2015, PepsiCo India saved 12.75 billion litres more that it consumed in its manufacturing operations.
The company made this possible through innovative irrigation practices like direct seeding, community water recharging initiatives, and by reducing the consumption of water in its manufacturing facilities. PepsiCo is lauded for its efforts for water conservation and has received numerous awards such as CII National award for water management and Water Digest award for water practices amongst others.
Care for the environment:
PepsiCo India is focused on reducing its carbon footprint. In 2015, PepsiCo’s India’s Food and Beverage manufacturing operations’ dependence on non-renewable energy has reduced by 74% and 62% respectively from a baseline of 2006. This reduction has been on two counts – improved operating efficiency and technology intervention of plants and migration to renewable sources of energy such as bio mass fuels (rice husk boilers) and wind turbines.
The Foods Specifications Management Team Lead, located in in Mexico Business Services (MBS) or Hyderabad Business Services (HBS) is responsible for leading a Specification Management team in to ensure exceptional service is provided in support of R&D Spec Management globally.
This role will support and oversee Formula, Ingredient and/or Packaging Specification writing activities for a defined R&D Sector, Category and/or Spec system and coordinate with in-market spec sector leads when necessary.
● More than 4-5 years of prior work experience in Food or Consumer Goods Industry (>2yrs of which in a people management role)
● Preference for experience working in a large global Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company, with understanding of the CPG performance outputs and measures
● Preference for prior experience working in or with Research & Development, Operations, Quality Assurance
● Preference for a strong working knowledge of Foods & Beverages spec management systems and processes (Formula, Ingredient and/or Packaging)
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
● Advanced data analysis skillset to guide strategic decisions and/or continuous process improvement
● Ability to embrace change and flexibility, while working with their team to prioritize and provide solutions in an ever-changing and often ambiguous environment
● Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones
● Ability to manage time effectively across multiple priorities and projects requiring a high degree of organizational and communication skills to ensure requests are delivered in a timely manner
● Exceptional data organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
● Experience in technology system conversion / implementation execution preferred
● Demonstrated experience leading & motivating teams
● Strong communication skills, written and verbal
● Fluent in English
● Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience required
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship