GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation that was launched in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people.
In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Project Coordinator to support with GAIN India’s food fortification country coordination (CC) work.
- The Project Coordinator is envisaged to support the food fortification’s country coordination mechanism through periodic coordination across partners for project coordination, data management, documentation, and reporting.
- Additionally, the postholder will work closely with the India and Global Food Systems Dashboard (FSD) team to ensure the timely implementation of the sub-national dashboards as per the project plan.
- Reporting to Senior Policy Advisor/ India Program Lead, the Project Coordinator will provide overall project management support including maintaining relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders and will be responsible for ensuring the project team implements project activities within approved plans, budget, and quality standards.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supporting the GAIN LSFF Project team and global FSD team in the overall management of the Country Coordinator mechanism commitments and FSD project respectively with primary project management, reporting technical and financial documentation responsibilities for GAIN, donor and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for periodic review and for updating of the common results framework for LSFF, timely convening and facilitation of partner engagement, periodic reporting on LSFF partner activities in line with workplan.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews for identifying the main data sources and priority food systems indicators to include in the India subnational dashboard and better understand future user’s wants and needs.
- Reviewing secondary food systems data sources available at state, levels and work closely with stakeholders to provide a list of other possible relevant data sources, and indicators, and identify specific access requirements.
- Providing inputs to assess quality of data received from different custodians and decide suitability for the India Food Systems Dashboard based on agreed established criteria.
- You will have a proven background in project management using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance.
- In addition to this, you will have a demonstrable track record of delivering results on time and within budget. You will have a strong understanding of state level programme delivery and the processes that revolve around the overall process.
- With exceptional stakeholder management skills, you will be able to communicate effectively and explain complex matters to non technical audiences in a verbal and written fashion.
- GAIN operates in a fast paced, collaborative and multi-cultural environment, therefore, you will need to have the ability to build and foster working relationships easily.
- This role will involve a lot of influencing, negotiating and leading in an exciting but challenging environment so a level of resilience and flexibility will be key attributes that the postholder will need to possess.
About our Offer
- The starting (gross) salary on offer for this role is from (INR) 1,165,476 – (INR) 1,333,212 per annum, depending on experience.
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays, and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible and hybrid working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments, and promotion.
- All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Our Working Culture and Environment
- We provide a flexible working environment that includes a combination of home and office working opportunities through our global hybrid working policy. This encourages our staff to have a healthy work-life balance and increases staff motivation, enriches employee wellbeing, and improves performance and productivity.
- All of our positions are based in one or more of GAIN’s designated offices as stated on our job advertisements.
- Successful candidates will be based in one of GAIN’s country offices and must have the existing right to live and work within a reasonably commutable distance of the relevant city / cities in which the role is advertised.
- Please note, that GAIN does not sponsor working visas and relocations.
- GAIN reserves the right to withdraw an offer of employment for candidates who are considered to ineligible under the above conditions during or after the recruitment process.
- For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the “Apply Now” link.
- Applicants must be currently based and have the existing right to live and work in India, New Delhi to be eligible to apply for this position.
- This advert closes on 28th June 2023. Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued.
- We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
Location : New Delhi, India
Closing Date: 28.06.2023
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)