Founded in 1946 in Alba (Italy) by the young chocolatier Pietro Ferrero, Michele’s father, the Ferrero Group is a family-run business and one of the largest chocolates and confectionery companies in the world. Today, our reach extends across 55 countries on 5 continents with iconic brands distributed in over 170 countries. With his global vision, built upon our heritage, Giovanni Ferrero continues to run the company successfully. Generation after generation, our commitment to creating value forms the basis for crafting our much-loved products in an ethical and socially conscious manner.
We are leading the confectionery world by answering and anticipating the needs of our consumers. This includes expanding our reach within global markets and crafting moments of delight for consumers around the world.
The Ferrero Way is seen every day within the iconic brands that win hearts and spread emotions. Today, as they have for over 70 years, our much-loved brands combine high quality, care and innovation. Just as important, they have become an integral part of the lives, habits and family traditions of consumers everywhere.
Ferrero is about people and it’s about caring: for our employees, consumers and the communities in which we operate. We help bring out the very best in our people and give them the opportunity to contribute to something bigger, through creating unique brands that are loved generation after generation.
Job Location: Baramati
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The UGP Manager will be in charge of leading and optimizing the responsible area, in particular to direct and manage the day-to-day efforts of the production employees in the specific production area to ensure that Safety, Food Safety and Production goals are met, improving the overall efficiency and costs as per Ferrero standard.
- Identify, measure and monitor progress of the relevant KPIs in line with Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Environment principles
- Implement, maintain and improve production Master Plan for factory under responsibility area
- Enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices pertaining to all facets of the business, not limited to and including food safety and health & safety.
- Production Budget: prepares the production budget for the UGP unit with the support of LPP (cycle, waste and efficiencies), including training of new people and new tools.
- Align with Central and Group Functions on upcoming projects and applies the Lean techniques, on the journey towards World Class Operation’s
- Ensure that the finished product is manufactured in accordance with quality standards and by the projected timelines.
- Manage schedules and assignment of work activities, based on priority, equipment and skill of personnel to accomplish tasks.
- Strive for continuous improvement by increasing productivity and reducing waste.
- Consult with senior management, engineering, quality assurance, purchasing and other departments, in order to resolve issues, and identify and review needs.
- Coordinates all activities related to the implementation of new projects (new lines/formats/processes, etc) in his/her area of responsibility.
- Manage qualified personnel to ensure optimal production on production lines.
- Guarantee appropriate relationship with the Unions and coach the area management (RTOs’, Supervisors, AG…) on the principle of Unions’ relationship, based on the level of interactions.
Who we are looking for:
- You must have a Bachelors/ Master degree in food Technology with minimum 8 years of experience in FMCG specially in chocolate manufacturing.
- Well versed with Raw materials, production processes, technological aspects, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people in a proactive and positive manner, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management & Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to Monitor performance of individuals, or process to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Ability to coach, mentor, teach, and guide employees, demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Technical knowledge – understand the basics of functioning of the equipment in their area of responsibility
Job Referral Code: B
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
🖥️ Level 1 training
🖥️ Level 3 – Internal Auditor training
🖥️ FSSAI FOSTAC training
🖥️ Internship program