ITC is one of India’s foremost private sector companies and a diversified conglomerate with businesses spanning Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Hotels, Paperboards and Packaging, Agri Business and Information Technology. The Company is acknowledged as one of India’s most valuable business corporations with a Gross Revenue of ₹ 69,481 crores and Net Profit of ₹ 18,753.31 crores (as on 31.03.2023). ITC was ranked as India’s most admired company, according to a survey conducted by Fortune India, in association with Hay Group.
Multiple Drivers of Growth
ITC is the country’s leading FMCG marketer, the clear market leader in the Indian Paperboard and Packaging industry, a globally acknowledged pioneer in farmer empowerment through its wide-reaching Agri Business, a pre-eminent hotel chain in India that is a trailblazer in ‘Responsible Luxury’. ITC’s wholly-owned subsidiary, ITC Infotech, is a specialized global digital solutions provider.
Over the last decade, ITC’s new Consumer Goods Businesses have established a vibrant portfolio of 25 world- class Indian brands that create and retain value in India. ITC’s world class FMCG brands including Aashirvaad, Sunfeast, Yippee!, Bingo!, B Natural, ITC Master Chef, Fabelle, Sunbean, Fiama, Engage, Vivel, Savlon, Classmate, Paperkraft, Mangaldeep, Aim and others have garnered encouraging consumer franchise within a short span of time. While several of these brands are market leaders in their segments, others are making appreciable progress.
Leveraging Institutional Strengths
The competitiveness of ITC’s diverse businesses rest on the strong foundations of institutional strengths derived from its deep consumer insights, cutting-edge Research & Development, differentiated product development capacity, brand-building capability, world-class manufacturing infrastructure, extensive rural linkages, efficient trade marketing and distribution network and dedicated human resources. ITC’s ability to leverage internal synergies residing across its diverse businesses lends a unique source of competitive advantage to its products and services.
‘Nation First: Sab Saath Badhein’
ITC’s ‘Nation First: Sab Saath Badhein’ philosophy underlines its core belief in building a globally competitive and profitable Indian enterprise that makes an exemplary contribution to creating larger societal value. As a company deeply rooted in Indian soil, ITC is inspired by the opportunity to serve larger national priorities. A global exemplar in Sustainability, ITC is the only enterprise in the world of comparable dimensions to be carbon-positive, water-positive and solid waste recycling positive for over a decade now. ITC has created over 6 million sustainable livelihoods. Nearly 43% of the total energy consumed in ITC is from renewable sources. ITC’s premium luxury hotels have the unique distinction of being LEED Platinum certified.
ITC’s Well-being Out of Waste programme (WOW) that comprehensively addresses the problem of solid waste management, of which plastic waste is a significant component, provides an end-to-end sustainable and scalable solution that has reached out to over 1.8 crores citizens in the country.
Together with farmers and local communities, ITC has implemented largescale interventions in climate-smart and sustainable agriculture that make a meaningful contribution to the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of doubling farmer incomes. Towards this, ITC has launched an integrated programme titled ‘Baareh Mahine Hariyali’ (maximising farm utilisation over 12 months of the year) to give a new dimension to the complex task of multiplying farmer incomes. ITC is collaborating with NITI Aayog to progressively build capacity of 2 million farmers in 27 Aspirational Districts to help enhance rural incomes.
ITC is investing in India’s future by building world-class consumer goods factories and iconic hospitality assets that will contribute to the country’s competitive capacity. These investment projects underpin the Company’s support to the Government’s “Make in India” vision.
This role supports new product development initiatives designed to create the robust pipeline of innovations across categories to meet the short and the long-term priorities of the brand. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role and be eager to be part of the product development of beverages.
Product development executive will be responsible for the design and implementation of new products and/or technologies or the improvement of existing products and/or technologies; prepares and coordinates projects according to established schedules and costs; ensures that the company standards of quality are met.
The PD Executive may serve for multiple small-to-mid-sized projects. Some projects require co-owning projects with more experienced product development team. The individual will provide strong technical support for commercialization and apply expertise to grow the business. The associate influences the business by bringing solutions that have business impact. Effectively uses technical and business expertise to explain difficult concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, tailoring communications to meet diverse needs.
Reporting to: Deputy Manager (Product Development Juice)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Food Engineering and related field
- Must possess at least 3-4 years successful experience in product development and implementation in the beverage industry specially Refreshing and Energy Drinks
- Basic knowledge and ability to apply flavours, stabilisers & other key ingredients
- Endurance & Flexibility: Willingness and ability to occasionally function effectively over extended periods of time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills
- Must be have moderate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good team player
- Self-starter and self-motivating
- Design and develop new products from bench top to commercialization while staying within specified parameters of cost and label claims; evaluate new ingredients, verify nutritional profiles, and conduct product or packaging stability assessments to deliver against design.
- Develop new process parameters and implement at plant whenever required
- Investigate, analyse, and execute new product/process improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Manage documentation and records in order to ensure that they are complete, current, secure and easily retrievable. This may include designing, organizing or maintaining technical or regulatory records and reports.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements. Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
- Self-training to keep abreast of developing technologies, lifestyle & nutritional trends to maintain a competitive edge.
- Development of lab scale prototypes, producing pilot plans for both beverage-based parts and final products. Prepares beverages and conducts analytical tests on taste and/or odour according to sensory guidelines, including qualifying taste panellists.
- Provides expertise and recommendations of best practices for production of beverage-based part or finished products during production trials with the plants or partners, which includes consulting line managers as appropriate on milestones and general guidelines and proactively provides advice inside & outside R&D community.
- Participates in team projects, interdepartmental/divisional committees or company-wide initiatives in order to share information, represent the department/division perspective or assist with product development, process modification, package development and marketing.
- Leverages prior education, suppliers and literature to innovate within scope of briefs provided by other technical experts or supervisor.
- Applies food science knowledge of ingredients, packaging, processing to assure safe and high-quality products.
- Participates in commercialization scale test at manufacturing line with QA and commercialization team if needed.
Location – Bangalore North, India
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)