Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $86 billion in net revenue in 2022, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker and SodaStream. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Our mission: Create more smiles with every sip and every bite
For our consumers
By creating joyful moments through our delicious and nourishing products and unique brand experiences.
For our customers
By being the best possible partner, driving game-changing innovation and delivering a level of growth unmatched in our industry.
For our associates and our communities
By creating meaningful opportunities to work, gain new skills and build successful careers, and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace.
For our planet
By conserving nature’s precious resources and fostering a more sustainable planet for our children and grandchildren.
For our shareholders
By delivering sustainable top-tier total shareholder return and embracing best-in-class corporate governance.
Winning with PepsiCo Positive
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision that captures PepsiCo’s competitive spirit, intense focus, and shared values: to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people.
We’re building upon the history and progress we’ve made since PepsiCo was founded in 1965 and creating an even stronger foundation for the decades ahead. Achieving our vision requires that we continuously challenge ourselves to become Faster, Stronger and Better.
Plant Manager, Howrah, India
MAIN PURPOSE –
- Lead the factory and team to meet the Supply Chain commitment in the most competitive manner in terms of cost, Quality, productivity and delivery by:
– Ensuring all product quality customer service and plant cost targets are met.
– Ensuring all assets (fleet and plant) are maintained to meet supply chain demands.
– Ensuring all regulatory/local government /local union policies are met.
- To deliver Annual Operating Plan (Product Availability, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Safety & Sustainability and Morale) and Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Lead the Plant Team and implement best practice tools (M&W / TPM / ISO / ODS / I2 / DW) in alignment with the MU / BU Strategic Priorities and drive operational excellence processes by coaching and guiding the Plant team, such that the desired process improvements towards world class performance are continually achieved and sustained.
- Ensure adequate wiring and connect with the local stake holders and compliance to the regulatory / local government / local union policies and applicable statutory requirements.
Environment Management / Statutory Compliance
- Ensure good relations with and project a positive image in the environment through the CSR – PWP Platform.
- Ensure that all Regulatory and Statutory requirements are complied with. In case of any actual /
- potential non compliance, escalate the matter to and be guided by the BU Legal Team.
Product Availability :
- Ensure Service Levels to the Market – ensure that manufacturing / warehousing and theprimary logistics activities are carried out in a safe environment and as per PepsiCo quality / hygiene standards to optimally meet Sales / Supply chain requirements (I2 SCP-PP compliance).
- Ensure material availability – items are purchased from BU approved vendors at approved prices;Both Local and BU approved procurement should comply with the P2P process.
- Upgrade the production capability of the factory – in line with the Strat Plan and AOP to handle higher complexity in a highly dynamic external environment ( Pack mix / Volumes)
Integrated Quality & Food Safety
- Ensure compliance to the PI / BU Guidelines and standards on Quality and Food Safety in Manufacturing function / processes
- Drive quality through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes. Ensure that the Plant performance remains OOR in Food Safety and meets the minimum mandates (GQA + AIB ) at all times
- Implement 3 D Quality Reporting and Improvement monitoring systems.
Safety & Sustainability
- Champion the deployment of PepsiCo Safety and Sustainability standards through demonstrated values & behaviour and institutionalised management system review processes.
- Ensure continuous improvement in safety and sustainability KPIs in line with the BU / MU Priorities towards world class – Manufacturing linked KPI – LTIR / Water usage / FO Usage / Bev Power
- Champion an overall asset effectiveness program – A. ensure proper maintenance of plant utilities,plant equipment, civil and other plant assets. Corrective Maintenance / Upgrade to higher levels of productivity & reliability;
- Project Management of all Site Based / Led Projects.
- Drive the cost review process to ensure tight control on cost and deliver on plan performance for Manufacturing C2C / Case (VMOH + FMOH); DMC (% Yields, Usage Variance); Utility KPIs
- Benchmark with best in class and drive the cost productivity / value optimization agenda and the annual Profit Improvement Plan for the Plant.
- Optimize Line Productivity – for the Plant Manufacturing Lines
- Total Plant Productivity – Ensure manning to template to optimize Total Plant Productivity
- Direct Material Cost Usage Variance – Cost optimization on raw materials, packaging
- by reducing wastages
- VMOH Usage Variance – Cost optimization on Utilities / C&C / Overtime / Variable Labor
Core Business Processes
- Ensure compliance to the Plant Standard Operating Procedures and Business Controls Environment for the Plant Processes.
- Ensure data integrity and reporting timeliness of M&W KPMs / measure up data
- Lead the M&W and TPM Journey of the Plant
- Identify recurring problems at the plant for improvement – specifically lead continual improvementprojects at the shop floor by leading the focused improvement pillar of the TPM journey.
- Work Environment – Create an inclusive and cherishing work environment through:
- Diversity Hiring – Identify opportunity through process and work mapping & implement actions
- Occupational Health Survey – Identify opportunities to improve OHS Score and implement actions
- Work Life Balance – Champion work life balance through demonstrated values & behaviour
- Health & Wellness – Sponsor the Health & Wellness agenda at the Plant
- Employee Relations – Maintain harmonious and productive ER with Associates on the shop floor
- Talent Development
- Carry out people resource planning and secure manning approval in AOP process
- Hire / Fire Frontline Performers (associates) & L1-L5 executives to AOP sanctioned numbers
- Drive plant level People Planning Process – Identify high performers and provide them a challenging work environment so as to retain them
- Champion the skill & capability building process to ensure adequate pool of trained and competent person to man the plant operations and adequate bench strength through multi skilling.
- Drive Core HR Processes Execution at the Plant – PMP / CDAP / People Planning
- Engagement & Commitment ( Manager Quality)
- Drive Structured Communications at Plant level: a. Half Yearly for Associates b. Quarterly for E+Skip meeting with at least 25% of E+ every quarter.
- Sponsor the Rewards & Recognition Program at the Plant – a. as apart of the BU AHA – Standards of Excellence and b. Kaizens & OPLs through the Ground Swell @ Innovations program
- Execute the org health action plan
Operating effectiveness of controls, quarterly testing and documentation retention of control testing and execution, engage in process risk assessment to identify risk and adequacy of mitigating controls , Annual certification of GCS ControlsQualifications
KEY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job.
Experience and Qualification
- Graduate Engineer (Mechanical or Chemical) with 8/10 years of experience in a manufacturing set up
- Headed a plant independently for minimum 2 years
- Exposure, preferably to products and processes, Packaging equipment’s, Finishing lines would be an additional advantage
- The candidate should be adept in handling the complexity of the heavy engineering industry with manufacturing strategy development and Quality Assurance systems
Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- Excellent team management / Leadership skills
- Excellent/Tactful communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of confidence & ability to carry himself
- Strong focus on delivery and results with high drive and energy levels
🔊 Be Aware, We never charge any consultancy fee for jobs.
📲 Foodtech Network WhatsApp Jobs Group
🔗 WhatsApp Groups
🖥 Food Safety Training programs
📈 Food Entrepreneurs & Startups (Our services)