About Starbucks India
Starbucks India is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks Coffee Company. Currently, we have presence in 8 cities with over 125 stores through a network of over 1,800+ passionate partners (employees). Our core business is more than just coffee. We are in the people business selling coffee. And we know our success depends on the people we hire, retain and develop.
Our mission statement – “To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time” and core values are the roots of our culture and serve as guidepost for our partners. We’re called partners, because it’s not just a job, it’s our passion. Together, we embrace diversity to create a place where each of us can be ourselves. We always treat each other with respect and dignity. And we hold each other to that standard.
Purpose and Scope of position
Organization: TATA Starbucks Ltd. Department: Marketing, Category, Loyalty
Job Title: Manager – Chef
Band: Manager Location: Mumbai
Reporting to: Director – Marketing, Category, Loyalty
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Support the innovation, development and consistent performance and growth of the food portfolio
- Innovate the current food offering by identifying need gaps, new opportunity areas in the current portfolio basis customer insights
- Be on trend w.r.t. new developments in the food space, ingredients, new taste profiles, cooking techniques
- Ability to identify and develop recipes that work for various regions of India
- Ability to develop recipes for different age, life stage cohorts
- Execution with kitchens and product excellence
- Perfect recipes with individual kitchens for any new product or modification of an existing one
- Ensure consistent execution by kitchens w.r.t. recipes followed, process flow, quality of output
- Ability to adapt and standardise current recipes basis various kitchens so as to provide our customers a standard Starbucks experience
- TrainingTraining all new kitchens with the Starbucks standards, recipes and ensure that they reach benchmark levels
- Training new chefs from kitchens to follow best practices and processes of Starbucks
- Making detailed recipe manuals and flow charts for kitchens with clear guidelines and step by step instructions for a standardised output for all products
- Operational excellence
- Setting up guidelines for food prep and display in stores
- Training store partners on assembly, heating, pairing for the ideal experience
- Detailed manuals on sensory, optic evaluation of the finished product for feedback from the stores
- Anchoring monthly calls with kitchens, supply chain and operations to align on any issues, feedback, process improvements
- Responsible to ensure a uniform Starbucks experience across all stores w.r.t. food
Summary of Experience & Education
Minimum 5-8 years work experience in QSR and Hospitality
– Preferably with an MNC co.
– Hotel Management from a leading institute
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)