Join our Whatsapp Groups for
Register an account to start post jobs openings
Find the most suitable
Find some best food technology book
Food Safety Training and certification
Watch Youtube Link
Frequently Asked Questions
Food Technology is a science branch that deals with the techniques involved in the production, processing, preservation, packaging, labeling, quality management, and distribution of food products. The field also involves techniques and processes that are used to transform raw materials into food.
What is the role of food technologist?
As a food technologist, your primary responsibility is to ensure that food products are safe and meet specific standards. It’s likely you’ll also be involved in developing the manufacturing processes and recipes of food and drink products.
How do I become a food technologist?
To become a food technologist you usually need to have completed a bachelor degree in science with a major in food science and technology or nutrition from any institute conducting respective courses. After having passed their graduation and having some of the positions, they can go for further Masters Degrees
How many years does it take to study food science and technology?
Food Technology program lasts for 3 to 5 years depending on entry qualification.
What does a food technologist study?
- Food engineering
- Food chemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Food Law and regulation
- Enzyme Technology
- Food Hygiene and Sanitation
- Nutrition and Health
- Food Processing
- Food Plant Layout & Design
- Laws and Quality Assurance
- Unit Operations in Food Processing
- Food and Vegetable Processing Dairy
- Plant Engineering
- Seafood and Dairy Technology
- Applied Food Biotechnology
- Crop Processing Technology
- Meat and Poultry Processing Technology
- Food Additives
- Confectionary Technology
- Fermented Milk Products
- Food Analysis
- Packaging Technology
- Product Design & Development
Top 10 Food Technology Colleges in India
- Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI)
- National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM)
- Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT)
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
- Food and Drug Toxicology Research Centre (FDTRC)
- National Institute of Nutrition (NIN)
- Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (IITR)
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
- National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI)
- Indian Institute of Vegetable Research (IIVR)
Who are the top reputed recruiters in the field of food technology?
- Parle Products
- Perfetti India Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- PepsiCo India
- Britannia Industries Limited
- Nestle India
- ITC Limited
- Coca-Cola India Limited
- TATA Consumers
- Cadbury India Limited
Ask A Question
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA