Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) is researching various aspects of food science and technologies such as the development of convenience foods, preservation of foods, nutritional and biochemical evaluation, food safety, food packaging.
To be a technological leader of excellence in food research and product development.
Design, develop and evaluate; safe, nutritious and convenience food to meet the needs of Services and spin off to civil application
Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) researches in the area of agriculture and biological sciences. It conducts toxicological studies on items of importance to Services and study spoilage of food and safety of processed foods. Formulation and execution of scientific programs of research and development in the field of Food Science and Technology. Specialized training course for officers of the three Services in the field of Food Science and Technology.
DFRL is also engaged in the development and evaluation of food products, packaging materials and field test kits to meet the requirements of Services. To fulfil this mandate, the laboratory is closely working with academic institutions, R&D centres and other Govt agencies.
|Internship Category||Essential Qualifications||Total Vacancies||Stipend (per month)|
|Graduate||B.tech in Food Tech / Food Processing/ BSc in Food Science||03||Rs. 9000|
|B.tech in Bio-Technology / Bioinformatics / Bioengineering / Biomedical engineering||01|
|Diploma||Plastic Moulding Technology||01||Rs. 8000|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||05|
|Diploma in Food & Nutrition/ Hotel Management / Catering Technology||03|
|Diploma in Computer Applications / Electronics & Communication Engineering/Information Technology||03|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||02|
- Candidates must have registered their names at www.mhrdnats.gov.in & non-registered candidates are likely to be rejected.
- The fresh pass out candidates ( passing their B.E/ B.Tech / Diploma courses in 2021) only can apply. Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination earlier than 2020 are not eligible. Candidates with post graduation are NOT eligible to apply.
- Those candidates who have completed the qualifying examinations (Graduate- + 2 / PU II + 3 Years in science stream & 4 years in engineering stream: Diploma- SSLC/ + 2 PU II + 3 Years in diploma stream ) as regular candidates are only eligible to apply.
- Graduate degree holders who had training or job experience for the period of 1 year or more after attaining the essential qualifications are NOT eligible for being engaged as an apprentice under the act.
- The period of training will 12 months commencing from the execution of the contract of apprenticeship.
- Selected candidates have to submit a ” Medical Fitness Certificate” at the time of joining. They should make their own arrangement for stay & transportation in Mysore.
- The selected candidates must execute the contract for a period of one year of training as per the provision of the apprentices act 1961 & rules framed under there.
- It shall not be obligatory on the part of the Defence Food Research Laboratory, where training is imparted, to offer any employment to any apprentice after completion of the period of his/her apprenticeship training.
- The apprentices will not be provided any quaters/hostel accommodations/transport by this establishment at the time of joining & also during the training period.
- Do not fill the application form in hand writing.
How to apply for the internship
- Candidates are required to register in NATS portal https://portal.mhrdnats.gov.in/https://portal.mhrdnats.gov.in/foodtech_network
- Candidates are advised to send filled application form as per annexure and required certificates send to this email id : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates are advised to retain a copy of the completed application .
- Application received from an e-mail only shall be considered.
- Last date of receipt of an application by an e-mail is on 30th September 2022.
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online/Offline)
• FOSTAC Training
• Internal Auditor
• Level 1 Training
• 5G training
• Virtual Internship