Tasty moments to feel good about
From pizzas to puddings, from cake mixes to savoury snacks, Dr. Oetker, globally has been bringing people together to share feelgood food moments for over 130 years. And today? With a growing range of mouth-watering choices that are increasingly better for you – and the planet – we’re on a mission to make the world a happier place, one delicious bite, slice or spoonful at a time.
From our family kitchen to yours
Back in 1891, Dr. August Oetker founded our family business by opening a pharmacy in Bielefeld. His first big baking breakthrough? A ready-to-use baking powder formula that gave even inexperienced bakers the confidence to make reliably perfect cakes every time. More innovations quickly followed, like vanilla sugar, wheat starch, flavourings, dessert mixes and eventually – our world-famous frozen pizza.
More than 130 years later, we’ve remained a proudly family-owned business, despite growing into over 40 different countries. Our unwavering dedication to quality and innovation still brings people and families together, to enjoy deliciously feelgood food moments – and a little ‘taste of home’.
Our India Journey
Dr. Oetker India, established in 2008, is a leading manufacturer of branded packaged food products with a focus on continental pleasure food. In December 2008, Dr. Oetker India acquired Delhi based Fun Foods Pvt. Ltd., a renowned brand with regional presence in the country since 1983.
Today, FunFoods by Dr. Oetker is the retail market leader in mayonnaise, spreads and sauces. We also have a product range from the house of Dr. Oetker that includes waffles, cake mixes, toppings, and more.
Dr. Oetker India has also expanded it’s portfolio by recently acquiring a food start-up specializing in authentic western and modern desserts- Kuppies. The acquisition is a strategic step towards expanding Dr. Oetker’s offerings in India in line with Dr. Oetker’s global pillars of growth- the ready-to-eat cake segment. The brand, Kuppies by Dr. Oetker now boasts of innovate ready-to-eat products in exciting flavours.
Dr. Oetker India also has a food-service brand, Dr. Oetker FunFoods Professional. This is a leading food solution provider to best-known QSRs, hotels, restaurants, cafes, caterers and more. It provides solutions in cakes, desserts, pizzas and condiments categories.
Inspired by our gloabal rich heritage, we are committed to our people, consumers, the environment, and society. That’s because bringing people together and creating a taste of home is at the heart of everything we do.
We are hiring for Assistant Manager – NPD who has prior experience in Bakery & Confectionary.
- Develops and supervises development of new products as per brief for retail and HoReCa, all within the shortest time frame, defined quality and regulatory standards and in the most cost efficient manner.
- Proactively shares ideas/suggestions for improvements in existing recipes to ensure their relevance and competitiveness in terms of consumer tastes, food trends, new ingredients and product costing.
- Actively keeps abreast of international food trends, new ingredients and concepts and proactively shares them within the department and with marketing, where relevant to our business.
- Implements research related activities for new products from preparation of the formulation sheet, shelf-life study and manufacturing methods.
- Ensures adherence to food laws and regulations in all assigned product developments.
- Analyzes samples and ingredients (qualitative & quantitative) and prepares reports to enable new vendor development within agreed established time lines.
- Develops methods and suggests initiatives to improve existing product in terms of quality, cost structure through substitutes and/or shelf life.
- Ensures that processes and product safety aspects are considered in product development.
- Researches international trends and ingredients for products in the Dr. Oetker India category and suggests ideas/initiatives based on the same.
- Helps create and deliver product application knowledge, training material, presentations as and when is required to other departments, e.g. Sales.
- Bachelors/Masters in Food Technology.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in product development in bakery segment
- In depth knowledge of food science and sensory analysis.
- Good communication and collaborative skills
🔔👥 WhatsApp – Join our groups for regular updates (Jobs, News, Training etc) If you are already in our groups, please don’t join. All Groups are same.
🔬👩🎓 Join Food safety Training Programs (Online & Offline both available)